Annamalai University B.Ed M.Ed Merit List 2018 Counseling Allotment Fees:
In view of the Office of Registrar, Annamalai University Notification in respect of Admission into the 1st Year of Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) and for Admission into the Previous Year of 02-Years’ Master of Education (M.Ed.) for the Academic Session 2018 – 19, Counseling for Admission into which is likely to be held in July 2018 as per the Dates, Notice in respect of which shall be intimated through the State Daily Newspaper, the University Website / Dash Board Notice, We would Briefly mention As It Is Annamalai declared Procedure for Admission:
Annamalai University B.Ed M.Ed Merit List 2018
Annamalai University B.Ed. / M.Ed. Admission Merit, Rank:
Mode of Selection:
|Admission to General Category:
Over and above the Candidates’ Marks in Qualifying Examination / and individual Performance and the Marks in in the Qualifying Examination yielding Merit leading to determining / Stipulating of the Ranks,
Selection shall be conducted under Seven Categories, viz., OC, BC, BC (Muslim), MBC/DNC, SC, SCA and ST, following the Rules of reservation of the Government of Tamil Nadu as follows: 69%
|Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)||Master of Education (M.Ed.)|
i) Selection of the candidates shall be on the basis of the Marks secured in the Qualifying Under Graduate (UG) / Post Graduate (PG) Degree Examination.
ii) The Candidates will be called for Counselling in order of their individual Ranks awarded to them. Based on the Rank and Rule of Reservations, i.e., 69% under different Categories. Allotment will be conducted.
The Seats shall be filled according to Merit. Merit shall be determined by the Performance at the Qualifying Examination and by a Selection Test and an Interview to be conducted by the University. Post Graduate Students will be given Preference. Date of Selection Test and Interview will be intimated later.
Admission to Special Reservation Categories:
The Candidates, who are applying for the Special Reservation Categories of the Seats, should satisfy the Rules stipulated for Admission. Allocation of these Special Reservation Seats shall be followed as per Horizontal Reservation.
If any Vacancy arises, it will be reverted to the General Counselling in the Respective Communities.
Annamalai University shall offer Bachelor of Education / Master of Education in
01 Tamil 02 English 03 Mathematics (Applied Mathematics) 04 Physical Science (Physics / Applied Physics / Geo-Physics / Bio-Physics / Electronics/ Chemistry / Biochemistry / Applied Chemistry) 05 Natural Science (Botany / Biotechnology and Plant Biology / Plant Biotechnology / Zoology / Environmental Science / Microbiology) 06 Social Science (History) 07 Economics 08 Commerce
- The Percentage of the Marks obtained by the Candidates in Major and Allied Subjects (both in Theory and Practical) in all Three (03) Years in the Under Graduate Degree shall be taken as the Base Marks for Ranking.
- The Candidates, who have taken more than one Main Subject in Part – III (under Double / Triple Major 8 System) of the Under Graduate Degree Course, must choose only one of the Main Subjects and should have applied for that Optional only. In such cases, the Marks obtained by the Candidates in Two / Three Major Subjects shall be taken into account to arrive at the Percentage of Marks.
- The Candidates, who have qualified in Post Graduate Degree (05-Years Integrated Course) under 10 + 2 + 5 or 11 + 1 + 5 Pattern of Study shall be considered for Admission. In such cases, the Candidates should belong to the subject other than Commerce and Economics, the Marks obtained by the Candidates in the first Three (03) Years (in Major and Ancillary or Allied Subjects alone) of the Course alone shall be taken into account for Admission into the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) Degree Course. For the Candidates belonging to the Subject Commerce and Economics, the Marks obtained by the Candidates in the Fourth (IVth) and Fifth (Vth) Years (in Major and Ancillary or Allied Subjects alone) of the Course alone shall be taken into account for admission into the B.Ed. Degree Course.
- Weight age for the Highest Qualification of the Candidate will be given as follows and added to the Base Marks for Determining the Ranking. However Minimum Marks earlier in this Admission Prospectus is Mandatory.
- The Candidates with Post Graduate – 04 Marks (other than Commerce and Economics Subjects Candidates)
- The Candidate with Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) – 05 Marks
- The Candidates with Philosophiae Doctor (Ph.D.) – 06 Marks
- The Higher Qualification for which the Weight age shall be given to the Candidates having studied in the similar Subject as the Main Subject in Part – III of the Under Graduate Degree and Preferred as Optional Subject in Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) Course.
- Weight age of Three (03) Marks for participation in any one of the following Co-Curricular Activities will be added:
- National Service Scheme (NSS) Certificate (with Two Years’ Enrollment in the National Service Scheme and Ten Days’ Participation in the Special Camp at the College Level alone will be considered).
- National Cadet Corps (NCC) (B and C Certificate at the College Level).
- Sports (He / She should have represented the College at State / National Level).
In case where more than one candidate have got the similar Marks in the merit list, Inter-Se Merit among such Candidates shall be determined in the order of Priority as specified herebelow:
- Marks scored by the Candidates in the Major Subjects
- Marks scored in Allied – I Subject
- Marks scored in Allied – II Subject
- By Random Method
Annamalai University B.Ed. / M.Ed. Counseling, Fee Details:
- Counseling shall be held at the Administrative Office, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar, Chidambaram.
- Counseling Schedule will be available on the Website. The Candidates shall be called for Counseling in order of their individual Merit.
- Counseling for the Special Category will be held before the General Counseling.
The Candidates shall have to pay Counseling Fee of ₹ 2000/- (₹ 1000/- for Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Caste A / Scheduled Tribe Candidates) in Cash or Demand Draft drawn up in favor of “The Registrar, Annamalai University” payable in Chennai at the time of Counseling. Counseling Fee is not Refundable.
- The Candidates, who fail to attend Counselling at the Specified Date and time in a particular Phase of Counseling, will forfeit their Right to Admission in that Phase.
- The Eligible Candidates, who have applied may appear for Counseling according to their respective Merit List, One (01) Hour before the Counseling Session together with their respective Original Certificates and Documents for Verification, irrespective of receipt of Individual Communication.
- The Candidate shall be intimated / informed of the Date, Time and the Venue for Counseling through Leading State’s Newspaper Dailies and Annamalai University Website. No Change in Date / Time of Counseling is permissible. The University Authorities are not responsible for any Postal Delay; or Non-Receipt of Intimation for Counseling. The Candidates, who do not attend Counseling, will forego the claim for Admission.
- Due to Unforeseen Reasons, if any Candidate could not / failed to attend Counseling on the Specified Date and Time, in such case he / she may authorize his / her Parents on his / her behalf and the Parents’ Decision will be binding on the Candidate. The Authorization Letter must be in the Prescribed Format. (Annexure-IV (a) & IV (b).
- If any Candidate failed to / could not attend Counselling on the Specified Date and Time, then he / she can attend on a subsequent Time / Date, during Counseling Period. But the Candidate will be offered the Seat only if it were available at the time in the respective Category. However, such Candidates cannot claim the Seat as per Original Seniority in the Merit List.
- After Allotment of all the Seats in various Categories, the Applicants, who have paid the Requisite Counseling Fee but did not get Admission, will be placed in the Waiting List in the order of their individual Merit and in case the Seats / Vacancies arise at a later stage, due to Non-Joining of the Selected Candidates or for any other reasons, they will be admitted in order of Merit by following the Rule of Reservation, i.e., 69% under different Categories.
- At the time of Admission, the Candidate and the Parent/s / Guardian (in case both the Parents are not alive) should execute a Joint Declaration as given in Annexure – V.
Annamalai University Website: www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in
Wishing here the Best of Luck for the Candidates!
Click here on Annamalai University Website for Counseling Schedule / Update.