Jiwaji University M.Phil Ph.D Admissions 2018 Entrance Test Online Form Last Date:
Philosophiae Doctor / Master of Philosophy Admission – Procedure for Application: Admission into Philosophiae Doctor / Master of Philosophy and all other Under Graduate, Post Graduate Courses as well as Diploma and Certificate Courses are through Online Registration and Online Payment.
Taking cognizance of Jiwaji University’s upcoming Notification in respect of Admission into Philosophiae Doctor & Master of Philosophy in concurrence with the Notice for Admission into Under Graduate, Post Graduate, Diploma and other Courses, we anticipate the Office of the Registrar to officially Release towards March-end 2018 Detailed Notification in this regards.
Jiwaji University M.Phil Ph.D Admissions 2018
Submission of Admission form for Admission into Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.), Philosophiae Doctor (Ph.D.), Diploma and Certificates shall Commence in August 2018 as per the Date Officially Announced.
Admission or the Entrance Test Merit-Listed Candidates into the Subjects for Master of Philosophy & Philosophiae Doctor shall be Administered through Counseling that follows Declaration of the Philosophiae Doctor Entrance Test Result.
Master of Philosophy / Philosophiae Doctor Entrance Examination for Admission in to the Disciplines of AIHC&A, Botany, Chemistry, Commerce, Computer Science & Applications, Economics, Education, Environmental Science, History, Law, Management, Mathematics, Physical Education, Physics, Political Science, Public Administration, Sociology, Zoology shall be conducted as per the Dates Officially Announced. Ph.D. Entrance Examination is Only Qualifying Examination. Allotment of the Seats in the Subject opted by the Candidates shall be as per Availability of the Supervisors.
Jiwaji University M.Phil Entrance Result
M.Phil Entrance Test 2018 Result has been announced at the website portal link given hereunder. Candidates qualifying in the Entrance Test on 14th August 2018 will be called for the Interview rounds.
Procedure for Application: Online Registration:
In response to the Jiwaji University’s Notification, the Candidates desirous of seeking Admission into Philosophiae Doctor (Ph.D.) Program should apply in the Prescribed Application Form before the Last Date notified, which shall, inter alia, contain the following Details.
- Name of the Preferred Research Center.
- Name of the Preferred Supervisor with Designation and Address.
- Name of the Preferred Co-Supervisor, if any, with Designation and Address.
- Proposed Tentative Title of the Philosophiae Doctor (Ph.D) Thesis.
- Place of the Residence during the period of Doing / Pursuing Research for Philosophiae Doctor (Ph.D.) Degree (This must be in the Jurisdiction of the University).
- Certificate of the Qualifying the University Grants Commission / Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (Junior Research Fellow) Examination / State Level Eligibility Test / Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, if any.
- Certificate of Passing M.Phil. in the Subject concerned as a Pre-Philosophiae Doctor (Pre-Ph.D.) Requirement, if any.
- Letter Granting Teacher Fellowship, if any.
- Consent of the Supervisor, Co-Supervisor, if any, and the Head of the Research Center.
Procedure for Admission:
(1) The Admissions shall be Granted by the University, through an Admission Committee, consisting of:
- One of the Deans of Faculty – Chairman.
- One of the Professors of University Teaching Departments.
- One of the Principals of the Affiliated Colleges.
The above Members shall be nominated for a Year by the Vice-Chancellor before the Process of Admission.
Commences. The Committee may be assisted by a suitable number of Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff of the University.
(2) The functions of the Admission Committee shall be as follows:
- To Prepare a Panel consisting of the Names of the Paper-Setters in various Subjects and submit them to the University.
- To Arrange for the Ph.D. Entrance Test.
- To Arrange for Personal Interview.
- To Announce the Names of the Candidates admitted along with the Subject, Place for Research Work, Name of the Supervisor and Tentative / Preferred Title of the Thesis.
- To Resolve the Issues / Problems Related to the Candidates and Subjects, if any.
(3) All the Candidates shall be admitted through Philosophiae Doctor Entrance Test conducted by the University
(4) Admissions shall be Granted Twice in an Academic Session. Firstly, the Admission Process shall be completed before the 14th August or the Last Date for Admission decided by the University for the Post Graduate Courses. Secondly, the Left-over Candidates shall be considered for Admission in November / December so that the Second Admission Process is completed before the 30th December. If there are no Left-over Candidates in the Subjects and Seats have become available, then Fresh Applications may be invited through Issuing Notification. The Same Procedure shall be adopted for these Applicants as was adopted for the Admitted Candidates.
Any Candidate for the Degree of Philosophiae Doctor / Doctor of Philosophy in the Subject Specific to the Discipline for Admission, must, at the time of Application, hold a Master’s Degree in that Subject with Minimum 55% Marks or an Equivalent Grade or Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) Degree Awarded by the University or any other University incorporated by any Law for the time being in force and Recognized by the University.
Provided 55% Marks secured by Un-Reserved / General Candidates and Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe Candidates should have obtained 50% Marks.
Provided further that the Candidate, who has at least 07-Years of Experience of Research / Teaching with at least 05 Papers published in the Standard Research Journals, may be permitted to get registered for Ph.D. Degree, up to Minimum 50% Marks at the Master’s Degree.
Philosophiae Doctor Entrance Test:
The Doctor of Philosophy Entrance Test shall be normally conducted in the months July / August, the Date and Place which shall be Announced in the Notification by the University.
The Doctor of Philosophy Entrance Test shall be conducted for each Subject separately. It will comprise one Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions Based Paper having 100 Multiple Choice Questions of Objective Type 100 Marks and / or Essay-Type paper having 10 Questions for 100 Marks, covering all the Compulsory Papers of the Post Graduate Course in that Subject/s. The Examination Duration for each Paper shall be of 03 (Three) Hours.
There will be no Negative Marking. A Merit List shall be prepared on the basis of the Philosophiae Doctor Entrance Examination and would be declared as the Result of the Entrance Examination by the Registrar. The Candidates will be considered for Admission according to Merit.
Each Student shall have to appear for an Interview to be held in the month of July / August / September as per the Date Announced.
The Interview Board shall consist of the following Members:
- Dean of Faculty – Chairman.
- Head of the University Teaching Department in the Subject.
- All the Recognized Supervisors in the University Teaching Department (UTD) in the Subject.
- One of the Recognized Supervisors in the Subject from the Affiliated Colleges, to be Nominated by the Vice-Chancellor (कुलपति)
Two members shall complete the Quorum. If the Dean of Faculty is not available, then the Vice Chancellor may appoint Professor of any University Teaching Department as Chairman.
The Interview shall be conducted in the University Teaching Department in the Subject Concerned. For the Subject, in which there is no University Teaching Department, Personal Interview shall be conducted at a place in the University Premise, fixed by the University for this purpose.
The Candidates shall be called for Interview according to Merit List of the Entrance Examination.
At the time of Interview the Candidates are expected to discuss their Respective Research Interest / Area, Choice of the Supervisors and Co-Supervisors, if any, and the Preferred / Tentative Title of the Thesis.
The Interview Board shall finalize the List of the Names of the Candidates admitted into The Philosophiae Doctor (Ph.D.) Program in the Subject Concerned.
The Candidates will be admitted according to Merit List of the Ph.D. Entrance Examination.
As far as possible, the Interview Board / Panel shall allot the Preferred Place of Research Work and the Preferred Supervisor and Co-Supervisor given by the Candidate in his / her Application and shall also Approve the Tentative / Preferred Title for the Thesis proposed by the Candidate. Preference given by any Candidate may be changed, if the Seat is not available with the Preferred Supervisor.
The Candidate may, however, be allowed to take another Chance in November / December if he / she does not want to change the Preferences, in the First Instant.
While Finalizing Admissions, the Interview Board shall keep into consideration, the number of the Seats Available and the Reservation Policy of the State Government for Post Graduate Courses.
The Admission Process must be completed by 14th of August every Year, or the Last Date for Admission decided by the University for the Post Graduate Courses.
A Waiting List of the Left-over Candidates shall be prepared and announced. They will be considered for Admission in the month of November / December on the Seats, which have become available by that time. The same Procedure Interview shall be followed again for Granting the Candidates Admissions in the Waiting List. Even if the Seats remain Vacant after this Procedure, then the New Applicants shall be considered as per Paragraph 4(3).
Application / Examination Fee:
₹ 500/- if not Revised.
Jiwaji University, Gwalior Website: http://www.jiwaji.edu/.
For Online Registration, Payment
Contact Numbers: 0751-2442749, 2442801, 2442603, 2442777, 2442705, 2442768, 2442867, 2442868, 9425110503, 9425112671, 9425337353, 9425494140, 9425341452, 9301123457 Toll Free #: 1800-233-1964
Wishing here the Best of Luck for the Candidates!
Click here to log into Jiwaji University Website for
Log on to Madhya Pradesh Government Online Portal.