- 1 JNU Admissions 2019-20 Entrance Test Notification/ Date
JNU Entrance Notification 2019-20, UG-PG NTA Admissions Form | Syllabus | Merit List:
The Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) will be conducting all the exams in May 2019. Not only this, the set of M.Phil and Ph.D. has also been increased from 723 to 1080. Register Pramod Kumar said that the online entrance test has been given to the National Testing Agency (NTA). Apart from this, the examination center has also been considered for increased
Jawahar Lal Nehru University is going to release announcement regarding the Admissions Notification for the JNU Entrance Examination Oct 2019 for admissions to the UG/ PG Courses for Academic Year 2019-20. Jawaharlal Nehru University for admissions to the UG/ PG (Foreign Languages) through JNUEE 2019 is invited the Online/ Offline Applications very shortly from the aspirants willing to take Admission to the University. The Online Applications/ Offline Prospectus & Application form submission procedure commence from next week through the official website.
JNU ADMISSIONS 2019-20: As per Schedule Jawaharlal Nehru University has invited the Applications for the JNUEE 2019 very soon. The enthusiastic candidates meet the Required Eligibility will be able to apply for the Courses Admissions Entrance Test 2019 from the commenced date at Website portal of the JNU. The detailed Admission Process/ Criteria/ Application form/ Eligibility/ Selection process/ Course wise Entrance Date Sheet etc are notified hither.
LATEST UPDATE- 25th December 2018:-
In JNU, Computer Based Online Test will be conducted for UG, PG, M.Phil & Ph.D Entrances in 2019 session and this computer based online entrance test is going to conducted from 25th May 2019 to 31st May 2019. The agreement between the University and the National Testing Agency this week will be for the online entrance examination.
The Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) may begin the School of Indian Languages in July this Year of 2019. M.Phil and Ph.D Courses in Several Major Languages of India to be organized by the school. Comparative Literature Research based on this school course will run for about 8 languages and will include the Chair. Foreign Language or other Indian languages, each chair will focus on the comparative study. Schools Fund and the UGC are being posted, after the approval of the new school building and the Masters course will also be organized.
LATEST NEWS 25/10/2018:
JNU has released the schedule of online entrance examination. The Controller of Examinations has issued notifications regarding this. It has been said that the online entrance examination will be conducted between 27 and 30 December 2018. At the same time, as the entrance test date was announced, the JNU Student Union announced the nationwide protest. The student union considers the online entrance examination to be a scam.
JNU University Admission 2019:
The Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) is about to change the online entrance exam pattern which will be based on online entrance test for the session 2019-20. The Controller of Examination will start the process online application in the month of October 2018 and the entrance test based examination will be organised in the month of December 2018.
Admissions to JNU:
Admissions to the prescribed courses on UG/ PG/ PHD level will be based on the Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Exam 2019. Only if they have secured the minimum prescribed percentage of marks in their qualifying examination and they submit all documents including final marks-sheets of qualifying examination before the deadline fixed for registration. After the Announcement of Entrance Result/ Interview cum Viva-Voce Merit Lists will be published by the Admissions Departments.
Permission to appear in the entrance examination is subject to the candidate’s fulfilling minimum eligibility requirements prescribed for admission to the concerned programme of study and as notified in the Prospectus.
Admission for Foreign Students:
All Foreign students present in India will be required to appear in the entrance examination subject to their fulfilling minimum eligibility requirement as prescribed for Indian students. However, in the event of their selection they will be considered for admission subject to equivalence of their degrees and they will have to produce the following documents: 1. Student’s Visa 2. Medical Certificate prescribed, if any, by the Government of India. 3. Insurance for Rs.1.00 lakh (minimum) Candidates already in India during entrance examination will not be considered for admission in absentia and they will have to go through the process of entrance examination for admission to various programmes of study
JNU Admissions 2019-20 UG/ PG Application Forms:
Click here for Application form
Click here for Admission Notification
Candidates can apply Online if they have access to a computer, a printer and Internet by logging on to JNU website admissions.jnu.ac.in or www.jnu.ac.in The sites have been designed in a ‘user friendly’ way to help candidates for applying Online in a step-by-step fashion. Online application portal will remain openat the soonest possible promptly.
JNU Entrance Examination/Processing Fee:
|B.A. (Hons.) 1st & 2nd
year and all Part Time
|General & OBC SC/ ST/ PWD/ BPL||General & OBC SC/ ST/ PWD/ BPL|
|For Choice-1||220/- I 110/-||130/- I 65/-||US$ 25/- or Rs.1650/-|
|For Choice-2||430/- I 215/-||250/- I 125/-||US 50$- RS 3300/-|
|For Choice-3||600/- I 300/-||360/- I 180/-||US 75$- RS 4950/-|
|* Plus `Rs.200/- cost of Application Form and plus Transaction fee charged by Bank.
Note: Candidates belonging to dependent Leprosy Affected Person (LAP) category are exempted from fees for B.A.(Hons.) only.
Guidelines for filling Online Application Form
Candidates shall log on to admissions.jnu.ac.in or www.jnu.ac.in
- Click on to new registration / candidate login link.
- Before you proceed to register yourself for entrance examination you must ensure that you have read and understood the eligibility criteria for each discipline / programme of study for which you intend to take the entrance examination
- You should fill your correct basic and academic details like Name, DOB, Address, Contact No., and Discipline / programme of study.
- Choose your password between 8-16 characters. Please remember your password and don’t share with others.
- Before final submission of online Application form, read the declaration carefully and give your consent on it. You are required to upload a recently taken scanned photograph and signature in JPG format. Photograph preferably taken on or after Jan-2019 only have to be uploaded (preferable width 150px and height 200px) and size less than 50 KB. Signature size should be less than 20 KB(preferable width 60px and height 40px). The maximum file size for Photo and Signature is 50 KB, failing which you will not be able to complete your application. So you must check your information details carefully before final submission of your application form.
Entrance Examination Fee Payment: Cash payment at SBI Bank branches:
- Log on to jnu.ac.inor www.jnu.ac.in
- Log on to your account with your Form No. and Password.
- Online Debit/Credit Card Mode: You can Pay your registration fee payment through Credit/Debit card. Your payment will be reflected instantly in case of successful transaction.
- Application fee payment can be done online through Internet Banking, State Bank Of India, other banks to start soon.
- Take a printout of the SBI E- Deposit Slip
- Generate and Print E Slipand deposit your fee payment at bank on next working day of E-Slip generation.
- Payment status will be reflected on website after 48 hours.
- Please note that no manual cash deposit slip shall be entertained in any of the Bank branches. Only those candidates will be allowed to take the entrance examination who have deposited the Entrance Examination Fee before the last date for submission of the application form.
JNUEE 2019 Entrance Test Admit Card/ Entrance Test Dates
Admit card will be available on the website as per the schedule of examination. Candidate has to enter his/her Form No. to download his/her admit card.
JNU Entrance Examination 2019 Result Declaration/ Viva-Voce/ Merit list
Result will be displayed on the website as per schedule. Candidate has to enter his/her Form No. to view the result. Further the candidates shall be called for the Interview cum Viva Voce. Finally the candidates Merit List will be prepared by the Jawaharlal Nehru University & admissions through Counseling & Document verification will be provided.
For detailed Course wise Admission Criteria Candidates shall take reference from prospectus.
JNU UG/ PG Eligibility/ Selection process
- School of International Studies
- School of Language, Literature and Culture Studies
- School of Social Sciences
- School of Arts and Aesthetics
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Environmental Sciences
- School of Computer and Systems Sciences
- School of Physical Sciences
- School of Computational and Integrative Sciences
- School of Biotechnology
- Centre for Molecular Medicine
- Centre for Sanskrit Studies
- Centre for the Study of Law and Governance
- Centre for Nano Sciences
The Candidates for the detailed info regarding Course wise Eligibility Criteria/ Selection process/ Entrance Exam Scheme/ Syllabus should take reference from the Detailed Admission prospectus advertised by the JNU at the website portal link shared above.
- All India Entrance Examination for Admission to first and second year of B.A(Hons.)
Programmes in Foreign Languages
May 2019 (Dates to be announced soon)
|Second Year of 3-year B.A. (Hons.)
programme in Foreign Language, SL
|First Year of 3-year B.A (Hons.) programme
in Foreign Language SL (Cluster 1)
|First Year of 3-year B.A. (Hons.) programme
in Foreign Language, SL (Cluster 2)
|First Year of 3-year B.A. (Hons.) programme
in Foreign Language, SL (Cluster 3)
All India Entrance Examination for Admission to M.A./M.Sc./MCA and Integrated M.Sc-Ph.D
PROGRAMMES OF STUDY
May 2019 (Dates to be announced soon)
|1. M.A. in Linguistics, SL
2. M.A. in Political Science, SSS
3. M.Sc. in Environmental Sciences, SES
|1. M.A. in Hindi, SL
2. M.A. in English, SL
3. M.A. in Urdu, SL
4. M.A. in Economics, SSS
5. Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. in Molecular Medicine(CMM)
|1.MCA ( Master of Computer Applications), SC & SS
2. M.A. in Philosophy, SSS
|1. M.A. in History, MOD.MED/ANCSSS
2. M.Sc. in Life Sciences, SLS
3. M.A. in Economics
(with specialization in World Economy),SIS
|1. M.A. in Arts and Aesthetics, SAA
2. Integrated M.Sc-Ph.D in Computational
and Integrative Sciences (SCIS)
3. M.A. in International Relations and Area Studies, SIS
|1. M.A. in Geography, SSS
2. M.A. in Politics (with specialization in
International Studies), SIS
3. M.Sc. in Physics, SPS
|1. M.A. in Sanskrit, CSS
2. M.A. in Development and Labour Studies.
|1. M.A. Programme, SL in:
i) Persian v) Spanish
ii) Chinese vi) Arabic
iii) Japanese vii) Korean
viii) French and Francophone Studies
ix) German Literature/German
Translation/Translation & Interpretation
2. M.A. in Sociology, SSS
JNU Admissions Time Table Dates: 2019
|1.||Start of Online Application process & Issue of Offline Application form|
|2.||Last date for online Registration|
|3.||Date of Entrance Examination:
Schedule Entrance test in many courses
Combined Biotechnology Entrance Examination
|4.||Declaration of Result of written examination –
For B.A.(Hons.) 2 nd Year, M.A.(Foreign Languages, M.Phil/Ph.D., M.Tech, MPH, COP & ADOP (Mass-Media) (for programmes where viva-voce is prescribed)
|5.||Viva-Voce of the Candidates Selected on – the basis of Written test|
|6.||Publication of Merit list for admission to Various programmes of study
i) Where Viva-voce is not prescribed – (B.A.(Hons.) 1st year, M.A. (except Foreign languages), M.Sc. & MCA)
|ii) Where Viva-voce is prescribed – (B.A.(Hons.) 2nd year, M.A. (Foreign languages), M.Phil/Ph.D., M.Tech, MPH, COP & ADOP (Mass-Media)|
|7.||Registration of candidates selected for admission:
i) For B.A. (Hons.) 1st Year
|(ii) For M.A./M.Sc./M.C.A.|
|iii) For M.Phil./M.Tech./M.P.H., JRF and B.A. (Hons.) 2nd year|
|iv) For Part Time|
|v) Extension Cases|
|8.||Last date for payment of Fee|
|9.||Release of Second List, wherever – considered necessary|
|10.||Registration of Second List|
|11.||Deadline for Admission/Registration|
Website of the University: www.jnu.ac.in