Kannur University B.Ed Rank List 2018 Admission Counseling Allotment:
In view of the Office of the Directorate of Admission, Kannur University Notification for Admission into 02-Years’ Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) (Arabic / Commerce / English / Hindi / Kannada / Malayalam / Mathematics / Natural Science / Physical Science / Sanskrut / Social Science) Course for the Academic Session 2018 – 19 in the University Campus, Rank List Declaration Counseling to be held as per the Dates declared in KU Information Brochure 2018, We would Briefly mention in respect of B.Ed. Admission Rank Declaration and Subsequent Counseling for Allotment of the Seats in Districts Kannur, Kasaragod and Wayanad:
Kannur University B.Ed Rank List Counseling 2018
B.Ed. Ranking Procedure, List:
The Faculty of Bachelor of Education / Department of Education shall determine Ranking based on the Merit taking into account the Weight age of the Marks, Qualifying Examination, Sports Achievements among others mentioned in the following Parts.
The Candidates applying for the Course under the Language Stream with a Bachelor’s Degree in the Subject concerned shall be Ranked First in that Particular Stream. The Candidates Applying for the Course under any Language Stream based on Part I / Part II or Common Courses at the under Graduate Level (UGL) and having Post Graduate Degree (PGD) in the same Subject as in Part I / Part II will be ranked only thereafter.
If there Exists no Differently-Abled Persons (DAPs) / Differently-Abled (DA) in the Rank List, the Seats must be converted to General Category.
KU B.Ed. Admission-cum-Counseling:
The Faculty of Education shall host Counseling for Allotment of the Seats for Admission into Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) as per the Date. Counseling for Allocation of the Seats in Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) (Arabic / Commerce / English / Hindi / Kannada / Malayalam / Mathematics / Natural Science / Physical Science / Sanskrut / Social Science) shall be held in July / August 2018. We hereby would like to advise the Candidates to continue logging into Kannur University Website for the Updates.
The Department of Education, Kannur University, following Declaration of the Ranks mentioned hereinabove, will call the Candidates for Counseling involving Verification of the Documents.
Eligibility for Admission:
The Minimum Requirement of the Marks for Admission into 02-Years’ Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) Regular / Full Time Course is 50% or Equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) (No Rounding off of the Percentage of the Marks to the Nearest Whole Number is permitted) in Bachelor’s Degree [Science / Arts Subjects] for Part I + II+ III together (Common, Core, Complementary and Open Courses) or Part III (Core and Complementary courses) alone with 50% or Equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average in Master of Arts (M.A.) / Master of Science (M.Sc.) / Master of Commerce (M Com.) with Usual Relaxation for the Eligible Categories as per the University / Government / National Council for Teacher Education Norms.
*The Candidates applying for Admission under Sports Quota (SQ) should submit a Photostat of his / her Application, separately with the Superscription “Sports Quota” to the Director, Department of Physical Education (D.P.Ed.), Kannur University Campus.
- Selection for Admission into B.Ed. is based on the Marks / Grade obtained by the Applicant in the Degree Examination for Part III / Core and Complementary Courses or Part I / Part II Common Courses, as the case may be. Reduction of One (01) Point shall be made in the Index Mark for every Repeated Chance.
- Special Weight age will be given to Post Graduate, in the same Subject concerned as shown in the Table hereunder:
|Post Graduate Course||Class||Weight age|
|Master of Arts (M.A.) / Master of Science / (M.Sc.)||Ist Class||05 Points / Marks|
|M.A. / M.Sc.||IInd Class||03 Points / Marks|
|M.A. / M.Sc.||IIIrd Class||02 Points / Marks|
- Weight age of Maximum 05 Points / Marks shall be given to the Candidates, who have obtained Degree from Kannur University. Weight age of Five (05) Index Points will be given to the natives of Kannur University Jurisdiction (i.e., Kannur, Kasaragod Revenue Districts and Mananthavady Taluk of Wayanad Revenue District) for Admission into to B.Ed. Course in all the Institutions maintained by or Affiliated to the University on production of Nativity Certificate of 05-Years issued by the Competent Revenue Authority;
- Weight age will be given to the Teachers in Government / Government-Aided School service. Total Approved Service of the Applicants will be considered in Ranking. (0.1 Index Point would be given for each Completed Month of the Teaching Experience). Approved Service means Full Time Teaching Experience in the Government / Government-Aided Schools Duly Certified in Form IV of KER by the Controlling Officer, i.e., Head of the School and Countersigned by the Area Education Officer (AEO) / District Education Officer (DEO) Concerned;
- 10% of the Total Seats are reserved for the Teachers in-Service of Kerala. Teachers having Minimum 03 Years’ Teaching Experience with the Relaxation of 02-Years to Teachers’ Training Certificate (T.T.C.) Holders, 01-Year to Language Teachers’ Training Certificate (L.T.T.C.) / Diploma in Teaching (Dip. Teach) and One (01) Year to Diploma in Pre-Primary Education (PPE) as per the Rules as on the Date of Release / Issuance of the Notification alone are Eligible to apply for Selection / Admission under Teacher’s Quota. Those who are Eligible to get Study Leave for the Duration of the Entire Course from the Authority concerned alone need apply and in case they are selected for the Course, then they should furnish / produce the Certificate obtained from / issued by the Head of the Schools Concerned, stating that they have applied for Eligible Leave for the Duration of the Course before being Admitted;
- Those who have undergone National Cadet Corps (NCC) Training with Minimum 75% Attendance as stipulated in the Government Order 673/04/HEDN Dated 15-04-1994 will be given Additional 05 Marks. This would be added to the Marks obtained by the Candidate for Part-III / Core and Complementary Courses. Eligible / Eligibility Weight age will be given to National Cadet Corps NCC ‘A’ / NCC ‘B’ / NCC ‘C’ Certificate Holders.
- In the case of the Applicants with Double Main and Triple Main Subjects, Admission will be based on the Total of all Main Subjects, and the Weight age shall be given only on the Subject which the Applicant applies as Optional.
- Ezhava / Thiyya / Billava / Muslim / O.B.H. / SIUC / LC Applicants are Eligible for consideration for Reservation of the Seats as per the Government Rules in this regard.
Kannur University Website: http://www.kannuruniversity.ac.in/
Wishing here the Best of Luck for the Candidates!
Log into Kannur University Website for B.Ed. Admission 2018 Rank List, B.Ed. Admission Counseling Announcement.