Kashmir University M.Phil Ph.D Entrance Test Admit Card 2019 Hall Ticket:
Taking note that the Office of Registrar, the University of Kashmir (UoK) shall issue in May 2019 both Detailed Notification and Information Brochure 2019 – 2019 – 20 with reference to Admission into 01) Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) / Philosophiae Doctor (Ph.D.), 02) Integrated Philosophiae Doctor (Int. Ph.D.) and 03) Philosophiae Doctor (Part Time), Brief Input in respect of the Eligibility and Research Eligibility Test (RET) Research Entrance Test may be taken note of by the Applicants / Candidates As Follows:
Kashmir Univ M.Phil / Ph.D Program 2019
Master of Philosophy / Philosophiae Doctor (M.Phil. / Ph.D.) / 03-Years’ Integrated Philosophiae Doctor Programs 2019. Eligibility for Admission into Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) & Integrated Philosophiae Doctor (Integ Ph.D.) Programs The Candidates interested in seeking Admission into Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) & Integrated Philosophiae Doctor (Integ Ph.D Programs) must have secured:
- Minimum 55% Marks in Aggregate, or its Equivalent Grade “B” in the University Grants Commission 07-Points Scale or an Equivalent Grade in a Point Scale, wherever Grading System is followed, excluding Grace / Statutory Marks, if any, in Master’s Degree in the Subject Concerned / Allied Subject from any Recognized University or in any Recognized Professional Degree declared Equivalent to the Master’s Degree by the Equivalence Committee of the University or an Equivalent Degree Awarded by / Obtained from any Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency (AAA), which must have been Approved, Recognized or Authorized by any Competent Authority, Established or Incorporated under the Law having this Mandate or by an Equivalence Committee of the University; Or
- At least 50% Marks, excluding the Grace / Statutory Marks, if any, if the Master’s Degree has been obtained prior to the 19th Date of September 1991.
- Relaxation of 05% Marks from 55% to 50% or Equivalent Relaxation of Grade shall be allowed for the Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer) / Differently-Abled Persons (DAPs) and other Categories of Candidates as provided under University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil/Ph.D Degrees) Regulation 2016.
Eligibility for Admission into Ph.D Program
The Candidates, who have Successfully Completed their respective M.Phil Degree from the University of Kashmir (UoK) with Grade ‘A’ or Grade ‘B’ or the Candidates having been selected for Admission into the M.Phil Program on the basis of the Research Eligibility Test / Research Entrance Test and Successfully Completed M.Phil Degree from any other Recognized University, with Minimum 55% Marks in Aggregate or its Equivalent Grade “B” in the University Grants Commission 07-Points Scale (or an Equivalent Grade in a Point Scale, wherever Grading System is followed) or any other Equivalent Degree declared so for the purposes of these Statutes by the Equivalence Committee of the University shall be deemed to being Eligible for Admission into Ph.D Program.
However, Relaxation of 05% Marks from 55% to 50% or Equivalent Relaxation of the Grade shall be allowed for the M.Phil Pass-out Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer) / Differently-Abled Persons (DAPs) and other Categories of the Candidates as provided under the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil/Ph.D Degrees) Regulation 2016.
Eligibility for Part-time Philosophiae Doctor Registration
The Basic Eligibility and the Procedure for Admission for Part-Time Registration shall remain the Same as is Applicable to Full Time Registration but Part Time Registration for Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.), Philosophiae Doctor (Ph.D.) & Integrated Ph.D Programs shall Remain Open to Only the Candidates As Follows:
- The University Teachers with at least 02 (Two) Years of Substantive Service;
- Permanent Scientists of Nationally Recognized Institutions with at least 04 (Four) Years of Substantive Service;
- Government College Teachers with at least Four (04) Years of Substantive Service;
- Non-Teaching Employees of the Universities / Nationally Recognized Educational and Research Institutions with at least Four Years Substantive Service; and State / Central Government Employees with at least 07 Years of Substantive Service.
RET 2019 Hall Ticket
The Controller of Examinations shall upload in the University Website the Research Eligibility Test Admit Cards for the Candidates as per the Dates to be declared through Notice. The Admission Letters Issued for the Candidates would be made Live in the University Website 07 Days before the Research Eligibility Test. The Candidates would be issued Intimation through Cellphone SMS in due course of time.
UoK Research Eligibility Test 2019
The Controller of Examinations, Kashmir University will conduct Research Entrance Test 2019 As Follows:
The Candidates, who have qualified the University Grants Commission-National Eligibility Test (including Junior Research Fellowship – JRF) / Council of Scientific & Industrial Research-National – CSIR-NET Eligibility Test (including Junior Research Fellowship) / State Level Eligibility Test / State Eligibility Test / Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering with Valid Score / Teacher Fellowship or any other Equivalent Test declared so by the University Grants Commission or should have passed Master of Philosophy with at least 55% Marks or its Equivalent Grade “B” in the University Grants Commission 07-Point Scale (or an Equivalent Grade in a Point Scale wherever the Grading System is followed) shall be Exempted / would Remain Exempt from appearing in the Research Entrance Test.
KU Research Entrance Test 2019
- The Deans of the Faculties / Schools shall facilitate conducting the Research Entrance Test for the Eligible Applicants.
- The Research Entrance Test Paper shall be arranged by the Dean of the School in consultation with the Chairman Departmental Research Committees (DRCs)’.
- There shall be Single Entrance Test Paper with Three Parts / Sections comprising the Research Eligibility Test, having the following Break up:
- Part-I General Aptitude with Emphasis on Logical Reasoning, Graphical Analysis, Analytical and Numerical Ability, Quantitative Comparisons, Puzzles, etc.
- Part – (II) Basic (Conventional) Questions on the Core Papers.
- Part (III) Advanced (Higher Value Questions) Questions on the Core Papers.
The Test Question Paper Booklet shall comprise 100 Multiple Choice Questions of Objective Type with 01 Mark each with No Negative Marking. The Breakup of the Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions in the Test Booklet Question Paper shall be as follows: (i) Part – I) 20 Multiple Choice Questions, Part – II) 30 Multiple Choice Questions & Part III) 50 Multiple Choice Questions.
The Candidates, whose Result of the Final Semester of the Master’s Program or an Equivalent Degree is awaited shall also be allowed to Provisionally appear in the Research Entrance Test, subject to Furnishing / Production of an Affidavit Duly Sworn before the 1st Class Judicial Magistrate to the effect that He / She shall not claim any benefit in case He / She fails to secure the Requisite / Required Percentage of the Marks at the Master’s Level by or before the Date of Announcement / Declaration of the Research Entrance Test Result.
Procedure for Admission & Minimum Qualifying Standards
- Admission into M.Phil, Ph.D & Integrated Ph.D Programs shall be conducted on the basis of the Merit secured in the Research Entrance Test to be conducted by the Deans of the Schools Concerned Excepting the Candidates falling under Clause (III) appearing hereinafter.
- The Eligible Candidates shall have to Qualify the Research Eligibility Test / Research Entrance Test securing at least 50% Marks of the Aggregate Marks.
- The Candidates, who have secured 50% Marks in the Research Entrance Test, shall be Declared Qualified and Eligible for Selection together with the Candidates, who were Exempted from the Research Eligibility Test.
Methodology for Resolving Tie
- In case of Tie in the Marks due to Equal Marks secured by the Candidates in the Entrance Test shall be resolved on the basis of the Percentage of the Marks secured by them in their Master’s or Equivalent Degree.
- Any Challenge to the Answer Key of the Answer Paper shall be Resolved on the basis of the Statutes / Regulations / Guidelines in vogue in the University of Kashmir to this effect pertaining to the Research Entrance Test for Admission into Master’s Courses / Programs.
- The List of he Qualified Candidates drawn up by the Dean Concerned will be forwarded to the Dean – Research for Approval. After the approval is granted by Dean Research List of the Candidates Declared having Qualified the Research Entrance Test will be notified by the Dean of the School and made available on the Website of the University.
Wishing here the Best of Luck for the Candidates!
The University of Kashmir Website: www.egov.uok.edu.in ; www.kashmiruniversity.net.
Log into the University of Kashmir Website for Information Brochure 2019, Online Registration, Research Eligibility Test and other Notices / Updates.