MANF Schloarship 2017: Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority Students – Notification | Form:
Takes cognizance of Award of Maulana Azad National Fellowship (MANF) for Minority Students granted by the Office of the Prime Minister of India, and therefore, would like to briefly state with reference to the same for the ready reference of the Junior Research Fellows / Senior Research Fellows in Master of Philosophy / Doctorate of Philosophy:
MANF Scholorship 2017 Notification
The University Grants Commission, in compliance with its Under Graduate Act (UGCA), seeks Online Application Forms once in a Year through Advertisement in the leading Newspaper and Employment Newspaper from the Candidates belonging to Minority Category fulfilling the Eligibility Conditions under the Fellowship Scheme.
The University Grants Commission shall release a Short Notification and upload the same on the University Grants Commission Website. Incomplete Applications will not be placed before the Expert Committee. The Candidates have to apply strictly as per Instructions given in Online Application Portal.
MANF Scholoarship 2017 Application Form
The Ministry of Minority Affairs (MMAs) grants the Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority Students having the Eligibility Criteria. The Fellowship Scheme remains open to the Candidates belonging to one of the Minority Communities (Muslim, Sikh, Parsee, Buddhist, Christian & Jain), and are pursuing Higher Studies, such as, Regular and Full-Time Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) / Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Degrees in Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences and Engineering & Technology. 03% Fellowships are reserved for Physically Challenged / Physically Handicapped Candidates belonging to the Minority Communities as per the Provision laid down by the Government of India.
There are 756 Slots every Year earmarked for all the Subjects.
The Applications received will be scrutinized by a Screening Committee. The Decision of the Commission will be Final. The Commission reserves the right to withdraw / cancel Award of the Fellowship without assigning any reason. The Result shall be published on the University Grants Commission Website. Award Letters might be downloaded from the University Grants Commission Online Application Portal. The Effective Date of Release of Fellowship shall be the 1st of April of the Selection Year or the Actual Date of joining Fellowship Award, whichever is later.
Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority Students
The Objective of the Fellowship Scheme is to provide Integrated Five Year Fellowships in the form of Financial Assistance to the Students from Minority Communities, as notified by the Central Government to Pursue Higher Studies, such as, Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) and Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D.) at the Indian Universities / Institutions / Colleges as indicated below:
- Universities / Institutions / Colleges included under Section 2(F) & and 12(B) of the University Grants Commission Act.
- Deemed to be the Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and Eligible to receive Grants-in-Aid from the University Grants Commission,
- Universities / Institutions / College funded by the Central / State Government.
- Institutes of National Importance.
The Candidates belonging to one of the Minority Community who have passed the Post-Graduation Examination with Minimum 50% Marks in the Subject concerned and who are pursuing Full-Time Research without Junior Research Fellow of University Grants Commission – National Eligibility Test or University Grants Commission – Council of Scientific & Industrial Research National Eligibility Test.
A Candidate has to fulfill the following Conditions to be Eligible for Award of this Fellowship:
- The Candidate should belong to one of the Minority Communities – Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Parsi & Jain notified under Section 2 (C) of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992.
- The Candidate should submit the Minority Community Certificate on an Actionable and Legally valid Affidavit, until the State Government / Union Territory Administration starts to issue the Minority Community Certificate.
- The Candidate should be registered for Regular and Full-Time M.Phil / Ph.D Courses in University / Academic Institution by fulfilling Conditions of Admission of that University / Institution.
- The Annual Income of the Beneficiary / Parents or Guardian of the Beneficiary should not exceed Rs. 2.5 Lac from all Sources. The Candidate should submit his / her Income or his / her Parent’s / Guardian’s Income Certificate issued by the appropriate Authority.
- The Candidate should have secured Minimum Score of 50% at Post Graduate Level.
- Trans-Gender Candidates are Eligible to apply under the Scheme. The Reservation shall be followed as per Government of India Norms.
Tenure Of Fellowship:
|Name of the Course||Maximum Duration||Admissibility of JRF and SRF|
|Junior Research Fellow (JRF)||Senior Research Fellow (SRF)|
|Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.)||02-Years or Submission of Dissertation, whichever is earlier.||02-Years||Nil|
|Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) + Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D.)||05-Years or Submission of Ph.D. Thesis, whichever is earlier.||02-Years||Remaining 03-Years|
|Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D.)||05-Years or Submission of Ph.D. Thesis, whichever is earlier||02-Years||Remaining 03-Years|
|Fellowship||@ Rs. 25,000/- for Initial Two Years (JRF) @ Rs. 28,000/- for Remaining Tenure (SRF)|
|Contingency for Humanities & Social Sciences and Commerce||@ Rs. 10,000/- P.A. for Initial Two Years @ Rs. 20,500/- P.A. for Remaining Three Years.|
|Contingency for Science||@ Rs. 12,000/- P.A. for Initial Two Years @ Rs. 25,000/- P.A. for Remaining Three Years.|
|Escorts / Reader Assistance||@ Rs. 2,000/- P.M. in case of Physically and Visually Challenged Candidates.|
Joining for Fellowship:
The Candidate should join the Fellowship within 03-Months from the Date of Issuance of Fellowship Award Letter (FAL), failing which Fellowship Award Letter will be treated as cancelled.
Cancellation of Fellowship Award:
The Fellowship is liable to Cancellation, in case of:
- In case of any Candidate fraudulently obtaining Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority Students, Cancellation should be Automatic and the Amount disbursed to him / her shall be recovered / forfeited with Interest at prevailing State Bank of India Rate for Student Loans.
- Unsatisfactory Progress of the Research Work.
- The Candidate is later found Ineligible on Account of False Information provided in the Online Applications.
- The Candidate is already availing Scholarship / Fellowship from any other Sources.
In case of Clarifications, Assistance, the M.Phil. / Ph.D. Students are advised to log into the University Grants Commission Website www.ugc.ac.in
Wishing the Best of Luck for the Career for the Junior Research Fellowship / Senior Research Fellowship!
Press Click here on UGC Web Portal for Online Registration.