Merit-Cum-Means-Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses CS : Notification:
Takes cognizance of the Merit-Cum-Means -Scholarship Scheme for Professional & Technical Courses CS awarded by the Office of the Prime Minister to Underprivileged Meritorious Persons belonging to Minority Communities and, therefore, would like to briefly state in the subsequent Paragraphs:
Merit Cum Means Scholarship 2017
The Scheme will be announced by the concerned State Government / Union Territory Administration well in time, by giving Advertisements in the leading Language Newspapers and Local Dailies / Vernacular and by using other suitable Publicity Media.
Rate Of Scholarship:
(Amount in Rs.)
|Sl. No.||Type of Financial Assistance||Rate for Hostler||Rate for Day Scholar|
|1.||Maintenance Allowance for 10 Months only in an Academic Year||Rs. 10,000.00 Per Annum (Rs. 1,000/- Per Month)||Rs. 5,000.00 Per Annum (Rs. 500/- Per Month).|
|2.||Course Fee*||Rs.20,000/- Per Annum or Actual, whichever is less||Rs.20,000/- Per Annum or Actual, whichever is less|
|Total||Rs. 30,000/-||Rs. 25,000/-|
Merit-Cum-Means-Scholarship for Professional & Technical Courses CS:
The Students who get Admission into Technical / Professional Courses without taking any Competitive Examination will also be Eligible for Scholarship. However, such Students should have not less than 50% Marks at Higher Secondary / Graduation Level. Selection of these Students will be done strictly on Merit Basis.
Other Eligibility Criteria for Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship:
- Financial Assistance shall be given to pursue Graduate Level or Post Graduate Level Technical and Professional Courses from a Recognized Institution. Course Fee and Maintenance Allowance will be credited / transferred directly into the Bank Account of the Selected Students.
- The Students who get admission to a college to pursue Technical / Professional Courses, on the basis of a Competitive Examination will be Eligible for the Scholarship.
- Continuation of the Scholarship in subsequent Years will depend on Successful Completion of the Course during the Preceding Year.
- A Scholarship-holder under this Scheme will not avail any other Scholarship / Stipend for pursuing the Course.
- The Annual Income of the Beneficiary / Parent or Guardian of the Beneficiary should not exceed Rs.2.50 Lac from all Sources.
- The Income Certificate would remain valid for One Year.
- The State Department will advertise the Scheme every Year and receive the Applications Online through the Institutions concerned as per the Timeline.
- Aadhaar Number is also required for Payment of the Scholarship.
- The concerned State Government / Union Territory Administration will be responsible for processing and scrutinizing the Applications submitted by the Students (as per the Work Flow opted) and send the Proposal of the Eligible Students online to this Ministry for Sanction of the Scholarships as per Timelines.
- Online Proposal for release of Fund from the State Department must be forwarded to and received in the Ministry as per the Timeline fixed by this Ministry every Year.
- Fund for Administrative Expenses in the subsequent Year will be released after receipt of the Utilization Certificate for the Fund released in the previous Year.
Other Conditions For Award of the Scholarship:
- Award of the Scholarship depends on the Satisfactory Progress and Conduct of the Scholar.
- In case of any Student observed to have obtained a Scholarship by way of False Statement, then his / her Scholarship will be forthwith cancelled and the Amount of the Scholarship paid will be recovered / forfeited, at the discretion of the State Government concerned. The Student concerned will be blacklisted and debarred for the Scholarship in any Scheme forever.
- A Scholarship awarded may be cancelled, if the Scholar changes the Subject of the Course of Study or changes the Institution of Study, without Prior Approval of the State Government / Union Territory Administration. The Head of the Institution shall report such cases to this Ministry.
- A Scholar is liable to refund the Scholarship Amount, if during the course of the Year, the Studies for which the Scholarship has been awarded, is discontinued or was changed in the Subject of Study.
- The Regulations under the Scheme may be changed at any time at the discretion of the Government of India.
- The List of the Graduate Degree Level and Post Graduate Level Technical and Professional Courses under Merit-cum-Means-Based-Scholarship Scheme (MMSS) is available on the Official Website of the Ministry.
Merit Cum Means Scholarship 2017 Application Form
(i) The Scholarship Scheme is implemented through a National Scholarship Portal (NSP). It is mandatory for all students to apply Online on the Website of this Ministry.
(ii) The List of the Documents to be scanned & uploaded for both Fresh and Renewal Scholarships as under:
- Student Photo (Mandatory).
- Institution Verification Form. (Mandatory).
- Self-Declaration of Income Certificate by the Student. (Mandatory).
- Self-Declaration of Community by the Student. (Mandatory).
- In case of Fresh Case: Self-Attested Certificate of ‘Previous Academic Mark Sheet’ as filled in Form. (Mandatory).
- In case of Renewal Case: Self-Attested Certificate of the Previous Year Mark Sheet as filled in the Form. (Mandatory).
- Fee Receipt of the Current Course Year. (Mandatory).
- Proof of Bank Account in the Name of the Student. (Mandatory).
- Aadhaar Card (Optional).
- Residential Certificate. (Mandatory).
Mode Of Applying:
The State Government / Union Territory Administration concerned will supply the Application Forms, till such time Computerized Systems are made Operational by the State Governments / Union Territory Administrations. The Application Forms should be received back along with Requisite Certificates / Certifications within the stipulated period.
In case of Clarifications, Assistance, the Parents / Guardians are advised to log into www.scholarships.gov.in
Wishing here the Best of Luck for the Students!
Press Click here on PMSS Website to check out the Updated on the PMSS Merit-Cum-Means-Scholarship for Professional & Technical Courses CS.