NIMCET 2019 Application Form ~Online Reg Last Date Entrance Test Counseling Result:
In view of Admission Notification 2019 and Issuance of Notice by the Office of the Chairman / Secretary, National Institute of Technology, Karnataka in respect of National Institute of Technology Common Entrance Test (NIMCET) 2019 slated to be held during May 2019 followed by First, Second Third Rounds of Counseling for Admission into Post Graduate Master in Computer Applications Programs in the Participating National Institutes of Technology and other Institutes, Brief may be taken care of as mentioned in the Latter Part of the Information Bulletin:
NIT MCA CET / NIMCET 2019
Online Registration in respect of National Institute of Technology Master in Computer Applications Common Entrance Test (NIMCET) 2019 in response to the Office of Chairman / Secretary Notice shall commence in the First Week of March 2019 Press Release for which is likely to be published toward Last Week of February 2019.
Indian Nationals securing Minimum 60% Marks in Aggregate or 6.5 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) on a 10-Point Scales for Un-Reserved Candidates (55% Marks or 6.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average on a 10-Point Scale in case of Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe ) in
(i) Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) / Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) (Hons) / Bachelor in Computer Application (BCA) / Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BIT) of Minimum Three-Years Full-Time from any Recognized University with Mathematics / Statistics as one of the Subjects
(ii) Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) / Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) from any Recognized University
NIT MCA CET (NIMCET) 2019
The Department of Mathematical & Computational Sciences (DMCS), National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK) shall conduct in May 2019 National Institute of Technology Master in Computer Applications Common Entrance Test (NIMCET) 2019 consisting of 04 Sections comprising 120 Multiple Choice Questions of Objective Type weighing 480 Marks aimed at drawing up Merit leading to preparation of NIMCET 2019 Rank for Admission into Master in Computer Applications (MCA) in the Participating National Institutes of Technology and other Institutes.
National Institute of Technology Master in Computer Applications Common Entrance Test (NIMCET) -2019 shall be conducted with only One Question Paper containing 120 Multiple Choice Questions of Objective Type covering the following Subjects involving Negative Marking, where +04 Marks shall be awarded for each Correct Answer / Response and -01 Mark for each Wrong Response / Answer.
The Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions will be written in English Language only and would not be translated into any other Language.
NIT MCA Common Entrance Test / NIMCET 2019
Examination Duration: 02-Hours / 120 Minutes
|Section-wise Test||No. of Multiple Choice Questions of Objective Type||Maximum Marks||Criteria for Admission|
|Mathematics||50||200||NIT MCA CET (NIMCET) Ranking.
Ranking will be based on Total Weighted Marks (TWMs) obtained by a Candidate.
Tie Resolving Methodology
Counseling for Seat Allotment.
|Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning||40||160|
NIMCET 2019 Award of Marks
- Each Correctly Answered Question will carry Four (04) Marks and Each Wrongly Answered Question will result in Deduction of Negative One (-1) Mark.
- The Candidates are advised not to attempt such Multiple Choice Questions, if they are not sure of the Correct Answer.
- No Deduction from the Total Score will, however, be made if any Multiple Choice Questions Un-Answered.
- More than One Answer indicated against any Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions will be Negatively Marked.
- The Candidates shall have to mark the Responses in the Optical Mark-up Recognition Based Answers Sheet using Black or Blue Ink Ball-Point Pen only.
NIMCET 2019 Result, Qualifying Criteria for Allotment of Rank
The Department of Mathematical & Computational Sciences will declare within 07 Days of NIMCET 2019 the Result, Rank, etc. for the Candidates.
Any Candidate securing Zero (0) or Negative Marks either in Mathematics or Total Marks in NIMCET -2019 will be Disqualified.
Based on the Marks obtained by the Qualified Candidates in NIMCET – 2019, Rank shall be allotted by adopting the following Criteria.
- The Marks obtained in Mathematics, Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness, English, will be multiplied by a Factor of 3, 1.5 , 2 and 1 respectively. Thus, Maximum Weighted Marks will be 1000.
- Ranking will be based on Total Weighted Marks (TWMs) obtained by a Candidate.
Methodology for Resolving Tie:
- In case of Tie arising due to Equal Marks secured by Two or more Candidates, then Tie shall be resolved on the basis of the Weighted Marks in Mathematics, then on Weighted Marks in Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning and then on Weighted Marks in Computer Awareness.
- In case of Tie still Un-Resolved by the exercising the above Criteria stated in the above Paragraph, then ‘TIE’ will be resolved by age i.e., in favor of Elder Candidate.
NIMCET 2019 Application Form is Common for appearing in the NIT MCA Common Entrance Test, Counseling and Admission into Master in Computer Applications (MCA) in all Eleven Participating National Institutes of Technology (NITs) offering Master in Computer Applications Program. The Participating Institutes are National Institutes of Technology in Agartala, Prayagaraja
Allahabad, Bhopal, Calicut, Durgapur, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Raipur, Surathkal, Tiruchirappalli and Warangal.
The Candidates need not apply separately to any National Institute of Technology (NIT) for Admission into Master in Computer Applications Program.
- Admission into Master in Computer Applications Program in all 11 Participating NITs will be based on NIMCET – 2019 Rank and the Choice of the Institute filled by the Candidates online.
- Details in respect of Counseling Process are given herebelow and the Changes, if any, shall be notified on Website from time to time. The Candidates are advised to regularly check out / Visit this Website for Updates.
- The Candidates Declared Qualified in NIMCET-2019 would be allowed to fill the Choices of the Institutes in which they wish to take Admission into Master in Computer Applications Program.
The Candidates shall need to use their Log-In and Password to fill the Choices of the Institutes through Online Mode from their respective Places of Convenience may Lock their respective Choices as per the Date. After Locking of Choice, Students cannot access their Locked Choices. Seat Allotments shall be conducted on the basis of His / Her Rank and the National Institutes of Technology Choices Locked.
Counseling – Online Choice Option
The Candidates on the Rank shall be intimated following Declaration of Merit-Rank in respect of Counseling likely to be held during June and July 2019 till the Last Seat is Allotted for the Candidates.
The Candidates may exercise the Following Options after the First and Second Rounds of Allotments:
Option-1: The Candidates, who wish to Finalize the Seats allotted to them and wish to join in the National Institutes of Technology allotted to them. (Their Higher Preference Choices, if any, will be ignored in Subsequent Rounds).
Option-2: The Candidates, who wish to be considered in the Next Round for all of their Higher Preference Choices (i.e., Across Institutes).
*Remote Reporting Center means Reporting at any of the Participating National Institutes of Technology, whichever is near to Candidate’s Residence.
Initial Fee: (If Not Revised)
The Candidates need to pay ₹10,000/- as Initial Fee through NIMCET 2019 Website only before going for Remote Reporting to any of the Participating National Institutes of Technology.
- National Institute of Technology (NIT), Agartala, Tripura
- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology (MNNIT), Prayagaraj Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh
- Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology (MANIT), Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- National Institute of Technology (NIT), Calicut, Kerala
- National Institute of Technology (NIT), Durgapur, West Bengal
- National Institute of Technology (NIT), Jamshedpur, Jharkhand
- National Institute of Technology (NIT), Kurukshetra, Haryana
- National Institute of Technology (NIT), Raipur, Chhattisgarh
- National Institute of Technology (NIT), Surathkal, Karnataka
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli (Trichy), Tamil Nadu
- National Institute of Technology, Warangal, Telangana State
Wishing here the Best of Luck for the Candidates!
National Institute of Technology, Karnataka NIMCET 2019 Website: www.nimcet.in
*Log into National Institute of Technology NIMCET 2019 Web Link for the Notices, Updates, etc.