Osmania University OU Ph.D Admissions 2019 Entrance Test Application Form Hall Ticket:
Taking cognizance of the Office of the Register, Osmania University (OU), Telangana State, Notification in respect of Registration for Admission into Philosophiae Doctor (Ph.D.) Program in the Faculty of Arts / Social Sciences / Science / Commerce / Law / Management / Education / Engineering / Technology / Pharmacy / Informatics and Oriental Languages offered in Osmania University for the Academic Session 2019 – 20 likely in August / September 2019 or vice versa for i) Philosophiae Doctor Eligibility Test / Research Eligibility Test, ii) Catgory-I Candidates and iii) Category-II Candidates and iv) Foreign Students Brief may be as follows in the subsequent Part of the Information Bulletin:
Osmania University OU Ph.D Admissions 2019
Osmania University – Philosophiae Doctor Admission – Registration:
The University invites Applications for Philosophiae Doctor Program through its Website and Press Notification following Announcement of the Ph.D. Eligibility Test Results
The Candidates fulfilling the Eligibility Criteria stipulated by the Osmania in compliance with the University Grants Commission, Government of India may apply Online / Offline together with the Enclosures and the Demand Draft for a sum ₹ 250/- or Revised Amount drawn up in favor of the Registrar, Osmania University on or before the Last Dates likely to announced in the Notification released for the Purpose.
Os Uny / Osmania University Research Eligibility Test 2019:
The Office of the Controller of Examinations, Osmania University shall host Research Eligibility Test 2019 aimed at drawing up the Merit Lists based on the Pre-Philosophiae Doctor Entrance Test 2019 followed by Personal Interview for Admission into Philosophiae Doctor consisting of the Faculties / Departments of Arts / Social Sciences / Science / Commerce / Law / Management / Education / Engineering / Technology / Pharmacy / Informatics and Oriental Languages.
Osmania Uny Pre-Ph.D. Admission Test 2019 Hall Tickets:
The Office of the Controller of Examinations shall host Pre-Philosophiae Doctor Admission Test 2019 as per the Dates in December 2019. The Controller of Examinations will release the e-Admit Cards for the Candidates Minimum 07 Days prior to Commencement of the Pre-Philosophiae Doctor Admission Test 2019. The Office of the Controller of Examinations will issue the Candidates Online Admission Certificates detailing the Instructions for compliance.
The Candidates shall be issued e-Hall Tickets with Prior Intimation through the Registered Cellphone SMS and the Candidates e-mail Ids furnished in the Application Forms. None of the Candidates will be issued the Hall Tickets via Mail / Post.
OU Pre-Ph.D. Admission Test 2019:
The Office of the Controller of Examinations conduct a Research Eligibility Test / Philosophiae Doctor Eligibility Test for Admission into Philosophiae Doctor Courses.
The Philosophiae Doctor / Research Eligibility Test comprising the Multiple Choice Questions of Objective Type carrying Maximum Marks 100 Marks with the Marks apportioned for each Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions
Syllabus for Research Entrance Test: Post Graduate Syllabus of the Department concerned as approved by the Board of Studies of the Department, Osmania University.
OU Ph.D. Entrance Test / Research Eligibility Test 2019 – Category-wise Minimum Qualifying Marks:
The Category-wise Minimum Qualifying Marks to be obtained by the Candidates for qualifying the Philosophiae Doctor Eligibility Test / Ph.D. Eligibility Test shall be 40% in respect of Un-Reserved / Open Category Candidates, 35% in case of Backward Class Candidates and 30% for SC/ST Category Candidates. The Students belonging to Differently-Abled Persons (Physically Challenged) Category are allowed a Relaxation of 05% Marks in each Category.
Philosophiae Doctor (Ph.D.) Admissions:
After Declaration of the Results of the Ph.D. Eligibility Test / Research Eligibility Test, the Results shall be sent to the Dean of the Faculty Concerned for further Processing for Philosophiae Doctor (Ph.D.) Admission / Registration by the Faculty Research Committee (FRC) / Departmental Research Committee (DRC) / Ph.D. Admission Committee Chaired by the Dean of the Faculty.
In response to Osmania University Notification, the Eligible Candidates are required to apply in a Prescribed Application Form along with the Prescribed Fee to the Dean of the Faculty Concerned. The Candidates may be called for the Ph.D. Admission Interview after the Scrutiny by the Departmental Research Committee / Doctoral Research (DRC) Committee subject to Availability of the Seats.
Philosophiae Doctor (Ph.D.) Admission Committee:
The Dean concerned shall constitute the “Ph.D. Admission Committee” for each Subject for selecting the Candidates for Admission. The Ph.D. Admission Committee shall consist of the Dean Concerned as the Chairperson, the Head of the Department, Chairperson, BOS and Three Senior Ph.D. Supervisors from the Department Concerned.
In case the Recognized Supervisors are not available in the Department Concerned, the Dean may include the Recognized Supervisors from an Allied Subject or External Subject Experts, who are the Recognized Supervisors of Osmania University
Category – I (Research Fellowship-holders):
Category-I Candidates are those who have been awarded a Research Fellowship, either through a National Level Test conducted by National Level Organizations, viz., University Grants Commission (UGC) / Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) / Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) / Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) / Department of Bio-Technology (DBT) or by a National Level Organization (viz. Department of Science & Technology – INNOVATION IN SCIENCE PURSUIT FOR INSPIRED RESEARCH Fellowship (DST – INSPIRE FS) or Teacher Fellowship Applicants subject to Clearance by the Dean, CDC, Osmania University. These Candidates are admitted Directly into the Philosophiae Doctor (Ph.D.) Program.
For Admission of such Candidates into Philosophiae Doctor Program, the Procedure is as follows:
- The Dean of the Faculty Concerned shall issue a Notification Twice in an Academic Year calling for / inviting the Applications for Philosophiae Doctor Admission from the Research Fellowship-holders mentioned in Category – I.
- The Research Fellowship-holder shall submit a Filled-in Application Form to the Dean of the Faculty Concerned with a Comprehensive Research Proposal (CRP).
- The Philosophiae Doctor Admission Committee interviews these Candidates where when the Candidate explains the Research Interests after which the Faculty Research Committee allots him / her a Research Supervisor in the area of the Interest of the Candidate and the Specialization of the Research Supervisor.
- In case there is any Delay in conducting Interviews for Admission into the Philosophiae Doctor Program for the Fellowship-holders, the Dean of the Faculty is authorized to allot the Candidate a Research Supervisor to enable him / her to commence / start off the Research Work and draw the Research Fellowship. Such a Candidate must submit a Filled-in Application Form to the Dean of the Faculty together with a Comprehensive Research Proposal. Such Candidates shall need to appear for Interview before the Ph.D. Admission Committee Departmental Research Committee / Faculty Research Committee in response to the Notification issued by the Dean of the Faculty.
In case there are less numbers of the Vacancies / Seats, then the Junior Research Fellowship Candidates, the Merit List shall be drawn up based on the Percentage of the Marks obtained in the Qualifying Post Graduate Examination.
- Dean of the Faculty informs the Research Supervisor regarding Allotment of the Candidate for Research Guidance and the Research Supervisor must assign his / her Written Consent.
- Admission of the Fellowship-holder into the Philosophiae Doctor Program is only Provisional.
- The Candidate must undergo One-Semester Ph.D. Course Work that comprises Two Theory Papers and must pass the Ph.D. Course Work Examination.
- The Candidates with the Research Fellowships, as mentioned in Rule 4.4.1, admitted into Philosophiae Doctor Program must work only as Full-Time Research Scholars. (See Rule-7 for the Rules governing Full Time and Part-Time Research Scholars).
Category – II Candidates:
Category-II Candidates are those who qualified in the University Grants Commission – National Eligibility Test (UGC – NET) / Council of Scientific & Industrial Research – National Eligibility Test (CSIR-NET) / State Eligibility Test Telangana State (SET TS) / State Eligibility Test Andhra Pradesh (SETAP) / Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) / Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) / Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) Examinations or those, who qualified in Philosophiae Doctor (Ph.D.) Eligibility Test conducted by Osmania University in the concerned Subject or those with Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) Degree through Regular Mode in the Subject Concerned or Philosophiae Doctor (Ph.D.) in an Allied Subject approved by Osmania University
For Admission of these Candidates into Philosophiae Doctor Program, the Procedure is as follows:
- The University will issue a Notification following Declaration of the Results of the Research Eligibility Test / Ph.D. Eligibility Test, instructing the Candidates belonging to Category-II, to apply in the Prescribed Application Format to the Dean of the Faculty Concerned.
The Dean will forward these Applications to the Department Concerned to scrutinize for the purpose of establishing the Eligibility of the Candidate. Then the Dean informs the Candidates to appear for the Ph.D. Admission interview.
- The Candidates appearing for the Interview must submit a Comprehensive Research Proposal.
- Each Candidate shall be interviewed by the Philosophiae Doctor Admission Committee / Faculty Research Committee about the Research Proposal. After Satisfactory Performance of the Candidate, the Philosophiae Doctor Admission Committee allots the Candidates the Research Supervisor in the area of Interest of the Candidate and the Specialization of the Research Supervisor.
- The Dean of the Faculty informs the Research Supervisor regarding Allotment of One or More Candidates for the Research Guidance and the Research Supervisor must give his / her Written Consent.
Criteria for Merit for Admission of Category – II Candidates:
The Total Marks awarded for the Academic Performance, Merit in Scholastic Competence and Interview Performance are 50 and the Division is as follows.
Post Graduate Level (10 Marks)
70% and Higher: 10 Marks
60% and up to less than 70%: 08 Marks
50% and up to less than 60%: 06 Marks
Scholastic Competitiveness: (25 Marks)
UGC – NET / CSIR – NET: 25 Marks
SET – TS / AP / JEST / GATE / GPAT: 22 Marks
M.Phil. / Ph.D. in an Allied Subject / OU Ph.D. Eligibility Test / RET: 20 Marks
(M.Phil. must have been obtained through Regular Mode only)
In case any Candidate is qualified in more than one Test, the Test having Maximum Marks is considered for awarding the Marks.
Research Exposure: 05 Marks
Project Fellow: 01 Mark per Year of Experience (in the Sponsored Research Projects)
Research Publications: 01 Mark per Paper (as on the Last Date of Application)
Conference Proceedings / Presentations (National / International): 01 Mark per each (Research Publications / Conference Proceedings must be ISSN / ISBN Number)
Research Proposal & Interview Performance: 10 Marks
Methodology for Resolving TIE:
In case of any TIE due to Equal Marks out of the Total Marks Obtained, the Candidate with the Highest Aggregate Percentage of the Marks in the Qualifying Examination shall be Preferred for Admission. In the event of further TIE persisting, the Candidate, who is Senior / Older in Age will be preferred for Admission.
Reservation of the Seats in the Ph.D. Admission:
- The Admission of the Category – II Students into Philosophiae Doctor (Ph.D.) Program is in accordance with the Reservation Policy of the Government of Telangana State.
- For the Purpose of Reservation, the Department is taken as a Unit.
- The Dean of the Faculty Concerned notifies the Total Number of the Vacancies for Philosophiae Doctor (Ph.D.) Admission in a particular Year.
All those Candidates under Category – I (as mentioned in rule 4.4.1) are directly admitted into Philosophiae Doctor (Ph.D.) by the Ph.D. Admission Committee / Departmental Research Committee / Faculty Research Committee chaired by Dean of the Faculty as per the Procedure given in rule 4.4.1. The remaining Seats are filled up by the Category – II Candidates following the Reservation Policy of the Government of Telangana State as per the Procedure given in Rule 4.4.2.
- All Category – II Candidates admitted into Philosophiae Doctor Program may work either as Full Time Research Scholars or as Part Time Research Scholars. (See Rule 7 for the Rules governing Full-Time and Part-Time Research Scholars)
- Admission of Category – II Students into the Philosophiae Doctor Program after the Interview by the Philosophiae Doctor Admission Committee is only Provisional. The Candidate must compulsorily do the One Semester Ph.D. Course Work that consists of Two Theory Papers and must pass the Ph.D. Course Work Examination conducted by the University.
Ph.D. for Professionals and Foreign Scholars:
- Foreign Scholars:
Two Eligible Foreign Scholars shall be allotted to each Supervisor on Supernumerary basis, on receipt of a Requisition / Application received from the University Foreign Relations Office (UFRO) of the University; and on the recommendation of the Departmental Research Committee (DRC) concerned.
- Corporate / Industry Professionals and the Officials, etc.:
To forge Collaboration between the Government / Corporate / Industry and the University, One Eligible Candidate among the following Categories shall be allotted to each Supervisor on Supernumerary Basis as hereunder:
- Civil Servants working in the Government not below the Cadre of Joint Secretary;
- Scientists / Researchers working in the National Level Scientific Organizations (NLSO) not less than the Rank of Scientist – G;
- National / State Level Top Public Sector Organizations – working in the Rank not below the General Manager;
- Defence Personnel In-Service with not below the Rank of Wing Commander / Captain (Navy) / Colonel
- Working Personnel in the Private Organizations with an Annual Turnover not less than ₹ 100 Crores and with the Position not below Vice-President
- Judges In-service with not less than the Rank of Judges of High Court of the State.
The Fee payable by these Categories of the Candidates shall be as per the University Orders; those will be issued from time to time.
The Applicants in the Sub-Category (b) above shall approach the Dean of the Faculty Concerned together with the necessary Proposal and Documents, and Admission shall be offered as per the Rules Applicable on the Recommendation of the Departmental Research Committee (DRC) concerned.
The Candidates falling within the said Two Categories shall not be required to pass any National Eligibility Test / State Eligibility Test / Philosophiae Doctor Eligibility Test / Research Eligibility Test.
Osmania University Website: www.osmania.ac.in/
Wishing here the Best of Luck for the Candidates!
Log into Osmania University Website for Ph.D. Research Eligibility Test Notification, Philosophiae Doctor Admission Update.
Log into Osmania University Website for Ph.D. Research Eligibility Test / Research Eligibility Test Hall Tickets / Admit Cards.