PMMS Scholarship : Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for CAPFs & Assam Rifles Form | Merit List 2018:
Takes cognizance of the Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme for different Under Graduate / Post Graduate Courses for the Academic Year 2018 – 19: Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For Central Armed Police Forces And Assam Rifles: Schedule for Application for Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) for Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) & Assam Rifles (AFs).
PMMS Scholarship For CAPFs & Assam Rifles 2018
From the Academic Year 2018-19 onwards, the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) for the Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles shall be implemented through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). For this, all the Eligible Applicants need to apply Online on the Website of National Scholarship Portal (NSP) very shortly.
After Scrutiny and Compilation of all the Applications, the Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles should forward the same to the Chairman, Welfare & Rehabilitation Board (WARB), Central Armed Police Forces, New Delhi soon without fail. Final Compiled List of the selected Candidates will be prepared by the WARB and should be forwarded to the Ministry of Home Affairs by soon. Processing for validation of the Bank Account of the Beneficiaries by PFMS soon. Finally, raising the Demand for Payment from the Prime Minister Office soon aimed at encouraging Higher Technical & Professional Education for the Dependent Wards & Widows of Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles (CAPFs & ARs) Personnel.
Number of the Scholarships:
Total 2000 of Scholarships to be sanctioned Equally for Both Female (Girls) & Male (Boys) under PMSS will be given for the each Academic Year in addition to Renewal Cases of the Previous Years. Shortfall in Fresh Cases shall not be adjusted from the Girls / Boys, if Numbers of the Applicants (Boys/Girls) selected are less than 1000.
- Wards / Widows of Deceased Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles Personnel died in Harness / Election Duty, Wards of the Personnel Disabled due to the causes attributable to Government Service and Wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR Personnel in receipt of Gallantry Awards.
- Wards / Widows of the Retired and Serving CAPFs & AR Personnel. (Personnel below Officer Rank)
- Pursuing First Professional Degree Program in the field of Engineering, Medicine, Dental, Veterinary, Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor in Computer Application, B.Pharma, Bachelor of Science (Nursing, Agriculture, etc.), Master in Business Administration and Master in Computer Applications, etc.,. in accordance with the Guidelines as mentioned in Para-8 (B) of the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme.
- Having secured Minimum Qualifying 60% Marks in Minimum Entry Qualification (MEQ) i.e., 10+2 / Diploma / Graduation or Equivalent thereof in case of New Applicant.
For the Applicants applying under Renewal Category, it is mandatory to pass each subsequent Academic Year of the Professional Courses being pursued by them with Minimum 50% Marks.
A Grace Period of One Year only for the cases, where there is a delay on part of the Candidate for submission of the Application for Renewal of Scholarship may be entertained.
Order of Preference:
The Applications received from the Eligible Applicants under New Category will be shortlisted on the basis of order of Preference as mentioned in the Table here under and the Percentage of the Marks obtained by them in Minimum Entry Qualification:
|i)||Category ‘A’||Wards/Widows of Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles Personnel Killed in Action (PKA).|
|ii)||Category ‘B’||Wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR Personnel left Disabled in Action.|
|iii)||Category ’C’||Wards / Widows of Deceased CAPFs & AR Personnel died for causes attributable to the Government Service including Casualties during conduct of the Election/s.|
|iv)||Category ’D’||Wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR Personnel Disabled while in-Service with Disability attributable to the Government Service.|
|v)||Category ‘E’||Wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR Personnel in receipt of Gallantry Awards.|
|vi)||Category ‘F’||Wards of Ex- CAPFs & AR Personnel (PBOR).|
|vii)||Category ‘G’||Wards of serving CAPFs & AR Personnel (PBOR) subject to Availability of the Scholarship.|
- Wards of Deceased Central Armed Police Forces / Assam Rifles Personnel will be considered for Scholarship under Categories ‘A’ to ‘F’ as per their respective Priority, even on Compassionate Appointment of Spouse / NOKs in CAPFs.
- There will be no Rank restriction for the Categories A to E.
- The Wards of Assistant Commandant, holding Local Rank of CAPFs & AR (who are not entailing the pay benefits of Assistant Commandant and drawing the Salary of Inspectors) are Eligible for award / granting of PMS under Categories ‘F’ & ‘G’ also.
- This Scholarship is Admissible for only Two Children per Family and should be ensured by the Beneficiaries as well as by the respective Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles.
- The Applicants irrespective of his / her Marital Status is Eligible for Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme.
Duration of Prime Minister Scholarship:
One to Five Years (depending upon the Duration of the Course being pursued by the Applicant and as approved by the respective Regulatory Body).
Amount of Scholarship:
- Rs. 2250/- Per Month for Girls. To be paid Annually after Selection.
- Rs. 2000/- Per Month for Boys @ Rs 27000/- to each Girl & Rs 24000/- to each Boy.
Issuance of the Letter from Hon’ble Prime Minister:
All the Applicants selected under New Category shall be issued Personal Letters from Hon’ble Prime Minister in the appropriate Language.
Guidelines for the Applicant Applying Online under Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme: 2018
Before applying, the Applicants should carefully read the Instructions / Guidelines as mentioned here below:
Minimum Entry Qualification (MEQ) :
In order to be considered / deemed as Eligible for the Scholarship under Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme, an Applicant should have secured Minimum 60% Marks in MEQ, i.e., 10+2 / Diploma / Graduation, as the case may be. The Minimum Entry Qualification for entry into various Professional Courses differs; e.g., MEQ for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S.) is 10+2 whereas for B.Engg. / B.Tech. it is 10+2 / Diploma. It is Graduation for Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) and Master in Business Administration (M.B.A.).
- Wards admitted into 2nd Year of Technical / Professional Bachelor Degree Course (B.Engg. /B.Tech, etc) through Lateral Entry after completion of Diploma Courses are Eligible for Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme.
- In case of the Applicant having passed Senior Secondary (XIIth) School Certificate Examination / Board Examination from the Central Board of Secondary Education, the Marks obtained in the Best of Five Subjects out of 500 Marks will be considered for calculating the Percentage of Marks in the Minimum Entry Qualification.
Courses Applicable Under Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme:
- Only First Professional Degree Courses like B.Engg., B Tech, B.D.S., M.B.B.S., B.Ed., B.B.A., B.C.A., B Pharma, B.Sc (Nursing, Agriculture, etc.) duly recognized by the respective Government Regulatory Bodies, such as, the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Medical Council of India (MCI), University Grants Commission (UGC).
- Details of the Professional Degree Courses Applicable for PMSS are mentioned at Appendix-I.
Scholarship for Integrated Courses:
The Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme is restricted to the First Professional Degree Courses only. It is applicable for B.Ed. but not for BA, B.Ed. In case of Integrated M.Engg. / M.Tech. / M.Pharma, the Scholarship will be given for initial Three / Four Years, as the case may be.
- Aadhaar Card Number linked with the Bank Account is mandatory from the Academic Year 2018 onwards.
- Applicant those fulfilled Eligibility Criteria and applying under the Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme must have an Active and Valid Account in any Nationalized Bank, which has Electronic Clearing System (ECS) / Core Banking, to facilitate Transfer of Scholarship Amount directly to their respective Accounts.
- In case of Minor Account, the same should be converted into Major Account.
Following Documents in the respective Category are mandatorily required to be submitted / uploaded by the Applicant for applying under the Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme:
For Fresh Applicant:
I) Service Certificate to be issued by the H.O.O in case of Serving Personnel as per Annexure ‘A’.
II) The Applicants are required to upload duly Attested Scanned Copy of the Mark Sheet MEQ, i.e., XIIth / Diploma / Graduation or Equivalent is mandatory along with following Certificates, which are applicable:
a) PPO/Discharge Certificate/Book (Mandatory for Categories A to F)
b) Disability Certificate (Mandatory for Categories B & D)
c) Death Certificate (Mandatory for Categories A & C)
d) Certificate of Gallantry Award (Mandatory for Category E)
Service Certificate to be issued by the H.O.O in case of the Serving Personnel as per Annexure ‘A’
List of the Professional Degree Courses Applicable for PMSS Medical:
|1.||Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S.)||04-Years & 6 Months (4½ Years)|
|2||Bachelor of Dental Surgery (B.D.S.)||05-Years|
|3||Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine Surgery (B.A.M.S.)||04-Years & 6 Months (4½ Years)|
|4||Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine Surgery (BHMS)||04-Years & 6 Months (4½ Years)|
|5||Bachelor of Siddha Medicine Surgery (BSMS)||04-Years & 6 Months (4½ Years)|
|6||Bachelor of Unani Medicine Surgery (BUMS)||05-Years|
|7||B.Sc. BPT (Bachelor of Physiotherapy)||04-Years|
|8||B.Sc. MLT (Medical Laboratory Technology)||04-Years|
|9||Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Hospitality (B V Sc & AH ) / Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry (BVSAH)||05-Years|
|10||Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharma)||04-Years|
|11||Bachelor of Science – Nursing (B Sc. Nursing)||04-Years|
|12||Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yogic Science (BNYS)||05-Years|
|13||Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharma ‘D’)*||04-Years|
|14||Bachelor of Science in Optometry (B Sc Optometry)||03-Years|
|15||Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (B.Oct. Thep,)||04-Years & 6 Months (4½ Years)|
*Scholarship Applicable for 04-Years only, i.e., Duration of B.Pharma Course only.
Engineering / Architecture:
|01.||Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)||04-Years|
|02.||Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.)||04-Years|
|03.||Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.)||4-5 Years|
|01||Master of Business Administration (M B A.)||02-Years|
|02||Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B. A.)||03-Years|
|03||Bachelor of Business Management (B.B.M.)||03-Years|
|04||Bachelor of Computer Application (B C A)||03-Years|
|05||Master of Computer Application (M C A)||03-Years|
|06||Bachelor of Planning (B. Plan)||04-Years|
Other Professional Courses:
|1||Bachelor of Science in Agriculture (B.Sc. Agr.)||04-Years|
|2||Bachelor in Fisheries Science (B. Fisheries/B F Sc )||04-Years|
|5||Bachelor of Science (Bachelor of Bio-Technology) B.Sc. Bio-Tech||03-Years|
|6||Bachelor of Education (B Ed)||01-Year|
|7||Bachelor of Mass Communication (B.M.C.)||03-Years|
|8||Degree in Hotel Management (H.M.)||04-Years|
|9||Bachelor of Physical Education (BP Ed)||01-Year|
|10||Bachelor of Audiology & Speech Language (BASLP) (Pathology)||04-Years|
|11||Bachelor of Fashion Technology (BFT)||03-Years|
|12||Bachelor of Science in Microbiology (B.Sc. Micro)||03-Years|
|13||Bachelor of Science Hospitality & Hotel Administration (B.Sc. HHA)||03-Years|
|14||Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.)||02 – 03-Years|
|15||Bachelor of Elementary Education (B El.Ed.)||03 – 05 Years|
|16||Bachelor of Fine Arts (B F A)||04-Years|
|17||Bachelor of Fashion Designing (BFD)||03-Years|
|18||(Bachelor in Arts with Bachelor in Laws (B.A. LL.B.)||05-Years|
Detailed Guidelines and Documents / Prescribed Proforma required to be scanned and uploaded for both Fresh and Renewal Categories are available on the Website of
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) Version 2.0
- Welfare And Rehabilitation Board (WARB)
- Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles (CAPFs& AR)
- Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA)
Wishing here the Best of Luck for the Candidates!
Press Click here on PMSS NSP Web Portal for Online Registration.