Post-Matric | Post-Matric Scholarship for Persons with Disabilities PWDs : Notification | Form:
Takes cognizance of the Prime Minister Office Awarded Pre-Matric / Post-Matric Scholarship for the Persons with Disabilities and would like to state with reference to the same in the subsequent Paragraphs. Scholarship under the Scheme will be awarded by the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Department of Empowerment of the Persons with Disabilities, Government of India.
Post Matric / Pre Matric Scholarship For PWDs 2017
The Scholarships under this Pre-Matric / Post-Matric Scholarship for the Persons with Disabilities Scheme will be offered to the Students studying in Classes IX, X, XI, XII, Post-Matriculation Diploma / Certificates and Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in India and Master’s Degree from any University recognised by the University Grants Commission (UGC), to the Students with Disabilities who are covered under the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunity, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995 and the National Trust for the Welfare of Persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation and Multiple Disabilities Act, 1999 and / or under any relevant Legal Statute in force. Only Indian Nationals will be eligible for scholarships.
Post Matric / Pre Matric Scholarship For PWDs 2017 Form
- The Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities will announce the Details of the Scheme and invite the Applications by issuing an Advertisement in the Leading Newspapers and through the Websites and other Media Outfits. The Applications will be sought (called for) through National e-Scholarship Portal.
- The Applicants should submit their Application through Online System within the Last Date Prescribed for Receipt of the Applications. All Requisite Documents like Photograph, Proof Of Age, Disability Certificate, Income Certificate of the Parents, etc., duly filled in the prescribed Format will be required to be uploaded in the Online System.
- The Institutions in which the Student Candidate is studying shall also register itself in the same Website and verify the Details provided by the Candidates. The nodal officer nominated by the State shall oversee all the applications and process the same and the State Government who shall forward the Final List in the PFMS Portal for disbursal of Scholarship Amount to the Beneficiaries.
Merit Criteria for Selection:
Final Selection will be done by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities based on the recommendations of the concerned Department of the State Government considering, inter alia, the number of the Slots available to that particular State. The number of the Slots available to any State is decided on the basis of the Percentage of Population of Persons with Disabilities of that State / Union Territory in comparison to the total Persons with Disabilities Population in India.
In case a Candidate has been a Permanent Resident in one State but is studying in another State / Union Territory, then his / her Application will be considered under the Slot of his / her home State / Union Territory and his / her Application shall need Recommendation of the Education / Welfare Department of the State of which he / she is a Permanent Resident.
Other Merits for Selection of Pre-Matric / Post-Matric Scholarship for the Persons with Disabilities:
Following Factors are essential to be taken into consideration to determine the Eligibility for Award of Pre-Matric / Post-Matric Scholarship for the Persons with Disabilities
- Fulfillment of Eligibility Conditions as given in the Pre-Matric / Post-Matric Scholarship for the Persons with Disabilities Scheme.
- Recommendation of the State Education Department (SED).
- The Number of Slots available to the State / Union Territory.
- Merit of the Candidate in terms of the Percentage of the Marks obtained in the Qualifying Examination. Pre-Matric & Post-Matric Scholarships for the Students with Disabilities.
- In case of TIE in Percentage of the Marks, the Percentage of Disability/ies will be considered; i.e., the Candidate with Higher Percentage of Disability/ies will get due Preference. In case there is still a TIE, the Age of the Candidate will be considered, i.e., the Candidate Senior (Older) in Age will get Preference.
Conditions Of Eligibility:
General Conditions for both Pre-Matric and Post-Matric Scholarship Schemes:
- The Scholarships shall be offered to only Indian Nationals.
- The Students having less than 40% Disability (Certified by the Competent Medical Authority of the state Governments / Union Territories) are not Eligible.
- Not more than Two Disabled Children of the same Parents will be entitled to receive Benefits of the Scheme. Provided in case the Second Child is a Twin, the Pre-Matric & Post-Matric Scholarships Scheme for Students with Disabilities under this Scheme will be Admissible to both the Twins.
- The Scholarship for studying in any Class will be available for only One Year. If a Student has to repeat a Class, then she / he would not get the Scholarship for that Class for a Second (or subsequent) Year.
- A Scholarship holder under this Scheme will not hold any other Scholarship / Stipend. If awarded any other Scholarship / Stipend, then the Student may exercise his / her Option for either of the Two Scholarships / Stipends, whichever is more beneficial to him / her and should inform the Awarding Authority through the Head of the Institution about the Option made. No Scholarship will be paid to the Students under this Scheme from the Date he / she accepts another Scholarship / Stipend. The Student could however, accept Free Lodging or a Grant or Ad-hoc Monetary Assistance (Help) from the State Government or any other Source for the Purchase of the Books, Equipment or for meeting the Expenses on Board and lodging in Addition to the Scholarship Amount paid under the Pre-Matric / Post Matric Scholarship for the Persons with Disabilities Scheme.
- Scholarship-holders who are receiving Coaching in any of the Pre-Examination Training Centers with Financial Assistance from the Central Government / State Government will not be Eligible for Stipend under the Coaching Schemes for the Duration of the Coaching Program.
For Pre-Matric Scholarship:
She / He should be a Regular, Full Time Student studying in Class IX or X in a Government School or in a School recognized by the Government or by a Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) / State Board of Secondary Education (SBSE).
For Post-Matric Scholarship:
- These Scholarships will be given for studying of all the Recognized Post-Matriculation or Post-Secondary Courses pursued in the Recognized Institutions with the following Exceptions: Pre-Matric & Post-Matric Scholarships for the Students with Disabilities.
- “The Scholarships are not awarded for Training Courses like Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s Courses and Private Pilot License Courses. Courses at Training – Ship Duffer in (Now Rajendra), Courses of the Training at the Military College, Dehradun, and Courses at the Pre-examination Training Centers the All India and State Levels.”
- Only those Candidates, who have passed the Matriculation or Higher Secondary or any Higher Examination from any University recognized by the University Grants Commission duly approved by the Central Government / State Government or the Board of Secondary Education (BSE) will be Eligible.
- The Courses at the Level of the Post-Graduate Degree / Diploma / Certificate are also covered under this Pre-Matric / Post-Matric Scholarship for the Persons with Disabilities Scheme.
- The Candidates who after passing one Stage of Education are studying in the same Stage of Education in Different Subjects, e.g., B.Com. after B.A. in other Subjects will not be eligible. However, the Students pursuing Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) / Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) / Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.) after passing Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) / Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) / Bachelor of Engineering (B.Ed.), etc. are Eligible for Post-Matric Scholarship under this Scheme.
- The Students, who are pursuing Two Different Courses of Study simultaneously, may avail the Pre-Matric / Post-Matric Scholarship for the Persons with Disabilities for any one Course only provided pursuance of such Courses are permissible under the Rules / Regulations of the Educational Authority concerned.
- The Students studying in Class XI of the Higher Secondary School Courses of XIIth Class of the Multi-Purpose High School will not be Eligible for it being a Continuous School Course. However, in cases where Xth Class Examination of such Courses is treated as Equivalent to Matriculation and the Students who after passing Xth Class join other Courses, such Students will be treated as Post-Matric Students and shall be Eligible for Award of the Pre-Matric / Post-Matric Scholarship for the Persons with Disabilities.
- The Students, who after failing or passing the Under Graduate Examinations in Arts / Science / Commerce, join any recognized Professional or Technical Certificate / Diploma / Degree Courses shall be awarded Pre-Matric / Post-Matric Scholarships, if otherwise, Eligible. No Subsequent Failure will be condoned except the Courses in Group-I. Pre-Matric & Post-Matric Scholarship for the Students with Disabilities
- The Students who pursue their respective Studies through Correspondence Courses are also Eligible. The Term Correspondence includes Distant and Continuing Education.
- Employed Students, whose Income combined with the Income of their respective Parents / Guardians does not exceed the Maximum Prescribed Income Ceiling are made Eligible to Post-Matric Scholarships to the extent of Reimbursement of all compulsorily payable Non-Refundable Fee.
It is mentioned under Para 5.3 (i) (Conditions of Eligibility) of this Scheme that the Scholarship will be given for the Studies of all the recognized Post-Matriculation or Post-Secondary Courses pursued in the Recognized Recognised Institutions, the List of the Courses Grouped (I to IV) is only illustrative and not exhaustive. The State Governments / Union Territory Administrations are, thus, themselves competent to decide the appropriate Grouping of Courses at their Levels.
Parents’ / Guardian’s Annual Income:
The Scholarship will be paid to the Students whose Parents / Guardians’ Income from all Sources does not exceed Rs. 2,00,000/- (Rupees Two Lac only) Per Annum in case of Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme and Rs.2,50,000/- (Rupees Two Lac Fifty Thousand only) Per Annum in case of Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme.
In case of Clarifications, Assistance, the Students are advised to log into the National Scholarship Portal Website www.scholarships.gov.in.
Wishing the Best of Luck for the Career for the Pre-Matric / Post-Matric Scholarship!
Press Click here on PMSS NSP Web Portal for Pre-Matric / Post-Matric Scholarship for PwDs Scheme Online Registration.