Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC Students studying in classes IX & X in UTs only : Notification | Form:
Takes cognizance of the Centrally-Sponsored Scheme Of Post Matric Scholarships To The Students Belonging To Scheduled Castes For Studies In India (Union Territory only) and would like to re-present a Recap on the same for the ready reference of the Candidates Eligible for Post-Matric Scholarships Scheme for Scheduled Caste Students (Union Territory/ies only):
Centrally-Sponsored Pre Matric Scholarship SC Student
Objectives of the Scheme termed as the Grant of the afore-stated Scholarship are as here under:
- To support the Scheduled Caste Parents of Children for Education of their Wards studying in IXth and Xth Classes so that the incidence of Drop-out, especially in the transition from the Elementary to the Secondary Stage is minimized, and
- To improve Participation of Scheduled Caste Children in Classes IXth and Xth of the Pre-Matriculation Stage, so that they perform better and have a better chance of making progress to the Post-Matric Stage of Education.
Publicity Of The Scheme & Seeking (Inviting) Applications:
The Scheme will be implemented through State Governments/U.T. Administrations. All the State Governments / Union Territory Administrations will, at the appropriate time, suitably publicize the Scheme and seek / invite the Applications by issuing an advertisement in the Local Language / Dialect of that State / Union Territory, in the Leading Newspapers of the State / Union Territory and through their respective Websites and other Media Outfits. The Applicant should submit the completed Application to the prescribed Authority, as mentioned below before the Last Date prescribed for receipt of the Applications.
The State Government would prescribe a suitable Application Form in the Local Language and place it on its Websites. The School Authorities will get these Application Forms filled by the Eligible Students and send them to Block / District Level Authorities.
The State Governments / Union Territory Administrations shall delegate Powers to sanction the Scholarships under the Scheme to appropriate District / Block Level Authorities / Heads of Institution, as appropriate.
The Scholarship “Of Pre Matric Scholarship For Scheduled Caste Students” under the Centrally-Sponsored Scheme will be available for pursuing Studies in India only and will be awarded by the Government of the State / Union Territory to which the Applicant belongs, i.e., where he / she is domiciled.
Conditions Of Eligibility:
- The Student should belong to Scheduled Caste Category.
- His / her Parent / Guardian’s income should not exceed Rs. 2.00 Lac Per Annum.
- He / She should not be getting any other Centrally-Funded Pre-Matric Scholarship (CFPMS).
- She / He should be a Regular, Full-Time Student (FTS) studying in a Government School or in a School recognized by the Government or a Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) / State Board of Secondary Education (SBSE).
- The Scholarship for studying in any Class will be available for only one year. If any student has to repeat a Class, then she / he would not get the Scholarship for that Class for a Second (or subsequent) Year.
Annual Parental / Guardian’s Income:
The Scholarships will be paid to the Students whose Parents’ / Guardians’ / Patrons’ Income from all Sources does not exceed Rs. 2,00,000/- (Rupees Two Lac only) Per Annum.
Selection Of the Candidates:
(i) All Eligible Scheduled Caste Candidates will be given Scholarships as prescribed in this Scheme.
(ii) The Candidates belonging to one State but studying in another State will be awarded the Scholarships by the State to which they belong and will submit their Applications to the Competent Authority in that State.
Payment Of Scholarship:
- The Scholarship is payable effective from 1st April or from the Month of the Admission, whichever is later, to the month in which the Examinations are completed, at the end of the Academic Year (including the Scholarship during Holidays), provided if the Scholar secures Admission after the 20th day of a Month, the Amount will be paid from the month following the month of Admission.
- In case of Renewal of Scholarship, it will be paid from the month following the month up to which the Scholarship was paid in the Previous Year.
- The Government of the State / Union Territory Administration, to which they belong, in accordance with the Procedure laid down by them in this regard, will pay the Scholarship Money to the Selected Students.
Value Of Scholarship:
The Value of Scholarship includes the following for complete Duration of the Course:
(i) Scholarship and other Grants,
(ii) Additional Allowance for the Students with Disabilities studying in Private Un-Aided Recognized Schools.
The details are as follows:
Rates of Scholarship and other Grants will be as follows:
Students (Scholars) Amount
|Scholarship (Rs. P.M.) (for 10 Months)||150.00
|Books and Ad-hoc Grant (Rs. P.A.)||750.00
(ii) Additional Allowances for SC Students with Disabilities pursing their studies in Private Unaided Schools Under the Centrally-Sponsored Scheme of ‘Inclusive Education of the Disabled at Secondary Stage’ (IEDSS) implemented by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Assistance @ Rs. 3000/- Per Annum is already being given under its “Student Oriented Component” to the Students with Disabilities studying at the Secondary Stage in Government Local Body and Government-Aided Schools. However, the Students in Un-Aided Schools are not covered under IEDSS. Therefore, SC Students with Disabilities, studying in IXth & Xth Classes in Private Un-Aided Recognized Schools, will be Eligible for Allowances under this Scheme, as follows:
|Allowances for the Students with Disabilities studying in Private Un-Aided Schools||Amount
|(i) Monthly Reader Allowance for Blind Students||160.00|
|(ii) Monthly Transport Allowance for the Students with Disabilities (as defined in the Persons with Disabilities Act 1995), if such Students do not reside in the Hostel, which is within the premises of the Educational Institution.||160.00|
|(iii) Monthly Escort Allowance for Severely Disabled (i.e., with 80% or Higher Disability) Day Scholars / Students with Low Extremity Disability (LED)||160.00|
|(iv) Monthly Helper Allowance admissible to any Employee of the Hostel willing to extend Help to a severely Orthopaedically Handicapped Student (OHS) residing in the Hostel of an Educational Institution who may need the assistance of a Helper.||160.00|
|(v) Monthly Coaching Allowance to Mentally Retarded and Mentally ill Students||240.00
Duration And Renewal Of Awards:
(i) The Scholarship will be payable for 10 Months in an Academic Year.
(ii) The Scholarship Award once granted will continue subject to good conduct and regularity in attendance. It will be renewed for Class X after the Student passes Class IX.
Conditions For Continuation Of The Scholarship Award:
- Award of the Scholarship depends on the satisfactory Progress and Conduct of the Student. If it is reported by the Head of the Institution / School at any time that any Student has, by reasons of his / her own act of Default, failed to make satisfactory progress or has been held guilty of misconduct, such as, resorting to or participating in Strikes, Irregularity in attendance without Permission of the Authorities concerned etc., the Authority sanctioning the Scholarship may either cancel the Scholarships or stop or withhold further payment for such period, as it may think fit.
- If any Student is found to have obtained a Scholarship by False Statements, then her / his Scholarship shall be cancelled forthwith and the Amount of the Scholarship paid will be recovered, at the discretion of the concerned State Government / UT Administration. The Student concerned will be blacklisted and debarred for Scholarship in any Scheme forever.
- Any student is liable to refund the Scholarship Amount at the discretion of the State Government / Union Territory Administration, if during the course of the Year, then the Studies for which the Scholarship has been awarded, is discontinued by him / her.
Procedure for Application:
(i) An Application for Scholarship should comprise:
a) One Copy of the Application for Scholarship in the prescribed Form (separate Application Forms, as have been prescribed for ‘Fresh’ and Renewal Scholarship by concerned States / Union Territories).
b) One Copy of the Passport-Size Photograph with Signatures of the Student thereon (for Fresh Scholarship).
c) A Certificate (in Original) of Caste duly Signed by an Authorized Revenue Officer not below the Rank of Tehsildar.
d) An Income Declaration by the Self-Employed Parents / Guardians, stating definite Income from all Sources by way of an Affidavit on Non-Judicial Stamp Paper. Employed Parents / Guardians are required to obtain Income Certificate from their Employer and for any Additional income from other sources, they would furnish declaration by way of an Affidavit on Non-Judicial Stamp Paper.
e) A Receipt in acknowledgement of the Scholarship in the previous Year on the Form attached to the application only duly counter-signed by the Head of the Institution / School concerned, if the Applicant was in receipt of a Scholarship under this Scheme in the preceding Year.
(ii) Application complete in all respects, shall be submitted to the Head of the Institution / School, being attended or last attended by the Candidates and shall be forwarded by the Head of Institution, after Scrutiny and with his Recommendation, to the Sanctioning Authority, mentioned in Para 11.2.
Transfer Of The Committed Liability To The States / Union Territories:
As per the existing Practice, Committed Liability in such Schemes gets transferred to the States / Union Territories during the First Year of the Succeeding Plan Period.
Since this Scheme has been introduced during the Last Year of the XIth Plan, i.e., 2011 – 12, Committed Liability would be transferred, for the First Time, to the State Governments / Union Territories Administrations at the end of XIIth Five Year Plan, i.e., w.e.f. the 1st of April 2017 (01.04.2017).
In case of Clarifications, Assistance, the Students are advised to log into the National Scholarship Portal Website http://scholarships.gov.in/ .
Wishing the Best of Luck for the Candidates!
Press Click here on PMSS NSP Web Portal for Post-Matric Scholarships for Scheduled Caste Students Online Registration.