- 1 Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students 2019
Scholarship of Top Class Education for ‘SC’ Students 2019-2020 Application Form Eligibility:
Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment has released Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students. Applications on Scholarship are going to be invited from SC Category candidates at Scholarship Portal. To promote qualitative education amongst SC students, by providing full financial support for pursuing studies beyond 12th class Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment invites Online Applications in due course.
Scholarship Applications are going to be invited from SC Category candidates having lower than 4.5 lakhs family income. Scholarship will be provided to candidates selected in any of the 175 Institutes enlisted by Ministry of Social Justice & Employment including IIT, NIT, Central Technical Institutes, IIMs, State Management Institutes, 12 Law Institutes & various others.
Applicants from SC Category are advised to ensure the detailed Eligibility Criteria before applying for Scholarship.
Top Class Scholarship for SC Category 2019
There are notified institutions of excellence spread all over the country including IIMs, IITs, NITs, commercial pilot training institutions and reputed medical/law and other institutions of excellence. A total of slots are to be granted scholarships every year. Courses of study covered are Engineering, Medicine/Dentistry, Law, Management and other Specialized Streams.
The scholarship, once awarded, continues till the completion of the course, subject to the satisfactory performance.
Top Class Scholarship for SC Eligibility
The annual family income ceiling from all sources for eligibility under the Scheme is Rs.4.50 lakh. The general selection criteria among the eligible candidates of any institution must be the merit.
- Students belonging to the Scheduled caste, who have secured admission in a notified institution are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- The scholarship, once awarded, continues till the completion of the course, subject to the satisfactory performance
- The students who have taken admission in the prescribed courses like BTech, MBBS, MBA, MD, MS, LLB, LLM can apply for this scholarship
Top Class Scheme for SC Scholarship Assistance
Scholarship is awarded for:
- Full tuition fee and other non-refundable charges (there is a ceiling of Rs.2 lakh per annum per student towards fee in the private institutions and Rs.3.72 lakh per annum per student in private commercial pilot training institutions).
- Living expenses @ of Rs.2220 per month per student
- Books & stationery @ Rs.3000 per annum per student and
- A latest computer with full accessories limited to Rs. 45000 per student as one time assistance (Living expenses, cost of books and stationery and computer are subject to actual).
Selection / Merit List
The general selection criteria among the eligible candidates of any institution must be the merit. However, if for the last available slot in an institution, there are more than one students with equal marks, preference may be given to the student with the lowest annual family income.
Note– The scholarship will be terminated if the students fails to pass the final examination however eligible for post matric scholarship
- The scholar have to pursue the study in the Institute on regular/full-time basis
Schedule for Applications–
- Starting Date of Online Applications-
- Last Date for submission of Forms-
Website of the Scholarship Portal- www.scholarships.gov.in