UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist Notification 2019 Online Reg Form,Pattern:
The Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) looks forward to issue press release notification for the Combined Geo- scientist & Geologist examination notification 2019. Union Public Services Commission is going to commence the Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist 2019 examination procedure from 20th March 2019. Willing candidates who meet the requisite eligibility may register/ apply online till the 16.04.2019 of form submission at the official website of the commission.
UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist | Geologist Notification 2019
The Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) invites online applications from interested candidates 20.03.2019 to 16.04.2019 who fulfills the requisite eligibility at the official website of the commission. Details concerning the Examination notification comprising Eligibility criteria, selection process, examination schedule/ scheme of exam & how to apply etc are given below. For more latest info candidates are assisted to keep informing from commission official website. The UPSC Geologist & Geo Scientist exam is likely to held soon and exam duration will be 3 days.
Name of the department– Union Public Services Commission (UPSC)
Appellation of the category– Examination notification
Appellation of the Examination– Combined Geologist & Geo-Scientist Exam 2019
Name category of posts department wise–
Category I: (Posts in the Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines).
- Geologist, Group A
- Geophysicist, Group A
- Group A
Category II: (Posts in the Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources)
(i) Junior Hydro-geologists (Scientist B), Group A
UPSC Geo Scientist | Geologist Online Reg Form 2019
Candidates are required to apply online only by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in. Online Applications can be filled from 20th March 2019 to 16th April 2019.
Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/ PH who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/-(Rupees Two Hundred Only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI
Minimum Educational Qualification-
- For Geologists Gr ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India- Master’s degree in Geological Science or Geology or Applied Geology or Geo-Exploration or Mineral Exploration or equivalent from a recognized University.
- For Geophysicist Gro A in Geological Survey of India- M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or M.Sc. (Geophysics) or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Applied Geophysics)
- For Chemists Gr ‘A ‘ in Geological Survey of India-M. Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry from a recognized University.
- For Junior Hydro-geologists (Scientist B), Group ‘A’ in Central Ground Water Board- Master’s degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology from a recognized University
- (In Geological Survey of India)- For Geologist Group ‘A’, Geophysicist Group ‘A’ & Chemist Group ‘A’- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on
- (In Central Ground Water Board)- Jr. Hydro-geologist, Gr. A- Must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained at the age of 35 years on 1s t January 2019
The selection of the candidates will be based on the Written Examination & Based on the Interview – Personality Test & after the Original document verification successful candidates will get selected. Candidates shall note that the Commission takes up the verification of eligibility conditions of a candidate, with reference to original documents, only after the candidate has qualified for interview or Personality Test on the result of the Written Examination.
DOWNLOAD CLICK HERE FOR DETAILED ADVERTISEMENT
UPSC Geo-Scientists | Geologist Examination Scheme: 2019
The examination shall be conducted according to the following process-
Part I. – Written examination in the subjects
Part II. – Interview/ Personality Test of such candidates as may be called by the Commission, carrying a maximum of 200 marks.
Part-1 Written Examination
|1) General English (common for all category) 3 hrs 100|
|Category – 1 For the post of Geologist|
|2) Geology Paper 1||3 Hours||200|
|3) Geology Paper 2||3 Hours||200|
|4) Geology Paper 3||3 Hours||200|
|Category – 2 For the post of Geophysicist|
|2. Geophysics Paper 1||3 Hours||200|
|3. Geophysics Paper 2||3 Hours||200|
|4. Geophysics Paper 3||3 Hours||200|
|Category – 3 For the post of Chemist|
|2} Chemistry Paper-1||3 Hours||200|
|3} Chemistry Paper-2||3 Hours||200|
|4} Chemistry Paper-3||3 Hours||200|
|Category – 4 For the Post of Jr. Hydro-geologist|
|ii) Geology Paper 1||3 Hours||200|
- The Examination In All The Subjects Will Be Of Conventional (Essay) Type.
- All Question papers must be answered in English. The Question Papers will be set in English only.
Part-II Interview/Personality Test:
The candidate will be interviewed by a Board of competent and unbiased observers who will have before them a record of his/ her career. The object of the interview is to assess his/her suitability for the posts for which he/she has competed.
- Starting date of Online application submission/ notification release- 20.03.2019
- Last date for Online application submission- 16.04.2019
- Date of commencement of Examination- 28.06.2019
- Duration of Examination- 3 DAYS
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD Notification
Official Website of the UPSC Commission- www.upsc.gov.in