UPSC SO/Steno (GD-B/GD-I) LDCE Online Application Form 2017
The Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) has notified concerning the Combined Section Officers/ Stenographers (Grade-‘B’/ Grade-1) Limited departmental Competitive Examination 2017. Commissions in practicing the prescriptively asserted schedule/ process is all set to commence the examination procedure of UPSC SO/ Steno (GD-‘B’/GD-1) Combined competitive exam 2017.
UPSC SO/Steno LDCE Notification 2017
The Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) Online applications for the SO/Steno (GD-B/GD-I) Examination 2017 will be commenced from 13th September 2017 onwards the desirous applicants who fulfills the requisite Eligibility conditions may apply for the Competitive UPSC SO/ Steno (GD-B/ GD-I) Written examination 2017.
The details concerning the eligibility, Exam pattern/ schedule, no of posts & selection criteria etc have been mentioned below.
Examination– Combined SO/Steno (GD-B/GD-I) Exam 2017
Name of the Department– Union Public Services Commission
- Starting Date of online application submission/ notification release- 13/09/2017
- Closing date for Application submission-06/10/2017
- Date of the Written Examination- 16/12/2017
- Duration of the exam- 2 Days
UPSC SO/Steno (GD-B/GD-I) LDCE Application Form 2017
Education Qualification:- No certain education qualification required for UPSC steno but students must have passed 12th class with minimum 55% marks from any recognized board or School.
Age Limit:– No age limit Specified for Steno Exam-2016.
How to apply-
Eligible candidates must have to apply online on or before the last date of application submission i.e 6th October 2017. Candidates must apply Online by using the link given in the website www.upsc.gov.in/ The Online Application Form can be filled from 10th September to 7th October 2016 till 11.59 PM after which the link will be disabled.
The examination shall be conducted according to the following plan:-
(a) Written examination carrying maximum of 500 marks in the subjects as shown in below.
(b) A qualifying Shorthand test in Hindi or English at 100 w.p.m.
- Evaluation of record of service carrying a maximum of 100 marks of candidates:-
- Candidates obtain the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination as may be fixed by the Commission in their discretion (for categories I, II, III and VIII); and
- Candidates obtain such minimum qualifying marks in the written examination and the shorthand test as may be fixed by the Commission in their discretion (for Categories IV, V, VI, VII and IX).
|Paper No||Subject||Type of Paper||Max marks||Duration|
|1||General Studies & General Knowledge of Constitution of India and Machinery of Government, Practice and Procedures in Parliament and Knowledge of RTI Act, 2005.||Objective||150||2 Hours|
|2||Procedure and Practice in the Govt. of India Secretariat and attached offices and General Financial and Service Rules duly taking into account the requirement of relevant categories of services.||Objective||150||2 Hours|
|3||Noting and Drafting, Precise writing||Subjective||200||3 Hours|
|Evaluation of record of Service||100|
UPSC S.O./STENO (GD-B/GD-I) LTD. DEPTTL COMPETITIVE EXAM 2017 Admit Card
Candidates admitted to the examination will be required to produce their official Identity Card at the time of appearing in the Examination along with the e-Admission Certificate. E-Admit Card of the admitted candidates to this examination will be uploaded on the UPSC website (www.upsc.gov.in) three weeks before the date of commencement of this examination (Tentative) and can be downloaded by the eligible candidates.
Services to which Selection is to be made-
- Category I Section Officers’ Grade of the Central Secretariat Service
- Category II Sections Officers’ Grade (Integrated Grade II & III) of the General Cadre of the Indian Foreign Service, Branch ‘B’
- Category III Section Officers’ Grade of the Railway Board Secretariat Service
- Category IV Private Secretary Grade of the Central Secretariat Stenographers’ Service
- Category V Grade I of the Stenographers’ Cadre of the Indian Foreign Service, Branch ‘B’
- Category VI Grade ‘A & ‘B’ merged of the Armed Forces Headquarters Stenographers’ Service
- Category VII Grade ‘B’ of the Railway Board Secretariat Stenographer’s Service
- Category VIII Section Officers’ Grade of the Intelligence Bureau
- Category IX Private Secretary Grade in Employees’ State Insurance Corporation
**Note More Departmental services/ corporations can be added to the group of employer. The details in this regard can be dispatched in the notification,
Candidates going to apply for the (Recruitment) Competitive examination have to keep notifying from the official website for all relevant concerns.
Official Website of the UPSC Department-www.upsc.gov.in